Coming Soon...

Started by Darktrooper, June 14, 2010, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet

I am working with Blender. I have used the tutorial at WikiBooks that SandCrawler or Arramus tipped about in the models place in the forum. I have made one noob rifle, two uggly guns, an easy knife, a guy without face and a coke (the coke actualy looks good). I will try make textures to my things but I almost dont know anything about how. I am away from my computer a week and some days so I cant work but when I have learned more I can pherhaps jump onboard as a newbie.  :)

PS. Is the demo out yet? I realy want to try it.  :P
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Darktrooper

Not yet, I've been off and on for the last week. Having some rl issues that need attention. Sorry I wasn't able to get anything up on the blog as well. Gonna try again this weekend sometime. Also, if you are using blender which version? 2.5 has gone beta and I was messing with it last night. They revamped a lot of the interfaces and made some changes to a few key bindings. You may also want to check into blenderguru.com. He has a few tutorials and the one for his high rise apartment is very in depth. He also has a mazda rx-8 you can download and check out in blender as well.

Darktrooper

I'll no longer be posting information on this topic in these forums. Double the posts for two areas and I'd like to concentrate more on the actual Cyguard Postings. For further updates and discussion you can hit me up at the all around games forums. They can be found http://allaroundgames.net/forum/index.php Hope to see you guys there soon  ;)

Slaughter

Hey sandcrawler(or anyone else who knows), how do u export models from wings3d to unrealed???  ???

Sandcrawler

export as .fbx if its a newer version fo unreal.

if its the RC version you have to use blender to convert it
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Slaughter

thx for ur help, but i couldn't import the .fbx file into blender or even come close to putting it in unreal, could u help sum more??  :-\

Sandcrawler

use a different format that blender can import, I've been working with UE3/UDK so I've never bothered getting them to a ase format.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Darktrooper

I just checked blender 2.53 (newest version) and here are in the import and export formats allowed.
Imports: dae, 3ds, buh, obj, mdd
Exports: dae, 3ds, fbx, mdd, obj, ply, x3d

This is from the newest version that I'm using right now. I checked and haven't found any ase plugins for 2.53 that have been made yet. Someone made mention of an ase importer but it's still quite unstable and they are working on it.

Slaughter

I was able to get my models into RC, but i can't texture 'em. How do u texture models in wings3d or blender?

Darktrooper

This is the most extensive place I found to learn about blender. http://www.blendercookie.com/2010/06/15/tip-adding-multiple-materials-to-a-single-object/ Using the tutorials on this site I was able to make things like these below. They also have free stuff on the site that you can download and use for whatever or as reference .

Jet

Ok... I got it. Thx but how can I add more detailed textures, like wood, coke, some shit I made myself and so on?
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Darktrooper

Go to textures and make a new one. Then you'll have a selection bow with like wood, clouds, etc. Those textures are terrible, but anyways, there is an option called image. Select that and then you can load in an image from your computer, much like you would with a background reference. Once you have the texture in, select the face of the model you want to apply it to. Go to materials, which should have your texture on it. Make sure you select UV to make the image fit the face properly. Select the assign button in the materials options and that will apply your material to the the model's face. Theres other things to be done before it'll show properly but those are the basics. With that you can at least see a render of it in blender with your materials. I'll just do a video of one of my models as I'm adding the textures. It'd be easier and after being up 36 hours, kinda sluggish right now  :P

leeroy

those look like some great pictures dark i wish there where viecals in mp in rc that would be cool and then thered be an excuse for the aa and rockets to be in the game
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games

Jet

Oh thanks DarkTrooper! So after the texturing, it is ready to be imported to Unrealed? If it is, do you know how I export it from blender and convert it from unrealed? I know how to export but now how I can convert or wich file I should export too.
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Darktrooper

If you are exporting it to RC then you'll need to export it as a psk file. Blender should have a plugin for ase files now. Remember, psk files are for static meshes and psa files are for skeletal meshes. Also, you'll need to uv wrap your model and save that as a suitable file for RC (dds i think). The uv is the skin for your model and it should house your textures. Once inside the unreal editor you'll need to attach the texture to your mesh. Just like reskinning an exsisting mesh in RC, the texturing shouldn't be that difficult. Finally, you can place your mesh into the map. Make sure to add a collison to it or a blocking volume around it unless it's supposed to be a ghost.