[RC] DM/TD Jai'galaar

Started by Dark Lord, May 19, 2008, 11:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verd1138

Thx :D !
"Raptor" would be cool to, although I think you should re-word it a little to be original, like "Raptorus", or "Velociraptor", or something like that. :roll:
Or if you really like Jai'galaar but still want aruetiise (Non-Mando's) to understand, you could name it...."Jai'galaar:Bird of Prey" or something.  :D

Thx agian! :D
"Mandalorians don\'t make threats...we make promises"
"It\'s Hero time!"

Shockey

Quote from: "Dark Lord"thx
as for getting it done-cant really say, but i would guess/try to have it done by the beginning of this august

^^btw Shockey, love ur sig picture :)

Lol. Thanks

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"airforce ftw

True dat, true dat.

I'll think of a good name when am not tired. lol
{MotR}Shockey{NyxSgt} - "Shock to the Nuts"

verd1138

You don't like my name? :(  Shockey thats shocking! :wink:
"Mandalorians don\'t make threats...we make promises"
"It\'s Hero time!"

Shockey

Quote from: "verd1138"You don't like my name? :(  Shockey thats shocking! :wink:

I like it but I want to think of a name.  :wink:
{MotR}Shockey{NyxSgt} - "Shock to the Nuts"

Dark Lord

i dont think the august deadline is going to happen.
sorry to disappoint, but ive been really distracted lately by various things and havent gotten around to working on it much
i dont know how busy im gonna be this next month but hopefully i can find a lot of time to work on it and get this thing done soon
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

A$$A$$|N

Quote from: "Dark Lord"i dont think the august deadline is going to happen.
sorry to disappoint, but ive been really distracted lately by various things and havent gotten around to working on it much
i dont know how busy im gonna be this next month but hopefully i can find a lot of time to work on it and get this thing done soon

make a link it looks ace im first to get lol

Dark Lord

heres a screen of the replacement floors...
that was the basically last renovation i had to do to the current ship (ive replaced the head with something better and a few other things) which means that ill be getting back to making new things soon. the ship itself is over halfway finished, and then its on to the enemy ship (which probably isnt gonna be as detailed - therefore faster construction) and lastly im gonna redo the sky some to be an asteroid field
so theres the update for u guys so u dont start thinking this map is dead ;)

RC-1266

When do you think it will be approximately finished?

Dark Lord

i cant honestly say...and i dont want to make any more empty promises about it
im trying to force myself to work on it rather than my usual procrastination, but then job, college, and friends keeps me busy also...so not much is certain right now
i can tell you, though, that the main ship is almost complete as well as some retexturing that i needed to do, including a new and better skydome
after i finish that ship, ill work on the enemy one, which wont be as complex as this - so it will go quicker

RC-1266

will they be in one map together, or is that 'enemy ship' a stand-alone project?

Dark Lord

it will be the same map, with 4 boarding craft providing the trans over to the enemy ship
ill have red team spawn on that ship, and i think i may make it where there is 1 "hijacked" boarding craft under their control so it is fair and they can get over to the main ship, as well as a few spawn points on the main ship since it will be larger

JPC

I look forward to this map, looks like a HDR map, this could be a great custom map for SW:RC.  If you do finish it, put it on Fpsbanana, the Republic Commando section needs some press and some great maps by custom mappers.

Dark Lord

heres a few more screenshots
missile bay area on the bottom of the ship's neck

secondary hangar in center of ship's neck

new design of ship and new skydome (bad camera angle gives you a false impression of the size of the ship's nose, but i wanted to show the planet as well)

Dark Lord

well, i was trying to finish the map recently, but then my computer got a virus, and after i wiped it i tried reinstalling RC and got a cyclic redundancy error, so unless i am able to fix this, i can never play RC or make maps again

if anyone might know a solution to this problem, any help is most appreciated