{MotR} Mercenaries of the Republic

Started by utengineer, September 28, 2010, 01:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utengineer

Hello all and old friends!
I just wanted everyone to know MotR is alive and kicking still.  Most of you know we mainly played RepCom, so when the game got old, MotR sort of dropped off.  I have returned to get MotR active again and re-skinned the entire website.  If you like clone graphics, please check out the site.  I did most of the design from the ground up.

Current Republic Commando Server (shows UT2004)

We following servers/game divisions were added late this year.

www.motrclan.com

Splash

Landing page for both domains (.net and .com).  This page has various Star Wars icons and one of the Republic Commando MP3's from the game soundtrack.  Graphics from the Darkhorse comic series are accented by the MotR shield.  Motto is Prima Volta Can Forza.....First In With Force!

Portal

This is a complex flash portal stocked with archived information.  You will find some unique Repiblic Commando videos as well as member submitted game footage and montages.  Most of MotR's Ecliptical Realms awards are saved here.

Home

This is the main page for the forums.  Here is can register for an account and use the chat box.  Major community news articles are published here.

Forums

The forums are the home for members.  Discussions about games, clan business, and recruiting occupy most of the threads.[/align]

Sandcrawler

This is the kind of posts I want in here, thanks utengineer.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

utengineer

Quote from: Sandcrawler on September 29, 2010, 06:48:43 AM
This is the kind of posts I want in here, thanks utengineer.

Thanks Sand......it is a recruiting forum.  I guess I should have thrown out some info.

FYI-  We are recruiting members for RC.  If you are playing independent or sick and tired of your current clan, we will consider you.  We require you to complete an application and it can take up to 30 days before a decision is made on your membership.  We review your skills, attitude and desire to play.

If all you want to do is scream at noobs and talk to guys using female alias names, then please apply elsewhere.

Thanks for your time.

www.motrclan.com

utengineer

I updated this thread to show our clan server banner from GameTracker.  They don't have an RC banner, so I used the Unreal Tournament 2004 banner, and it worked!

Slaughter

Utengineer, when you said that guys use female aliases, it made me question a lot... What if my friends that are ''girls'' are really guys trying to trick me!?!?  :-\ ??? Is your clan just gamers or do you guys mod? If you mod I'll join, thx :D.

utengineer

Quote from: Slaughter on November 21, 2010, 07:35:20 PM
Utengineer, when you said that guys use female aliases, it made me question a lot... What if my friends that are ''girls'' are really guys trying to trick me!?!?  :-\ ??? Is your clan just gamers or do you guys mod? If you mod I'll join, thx :D .

I think there are a lot of guys out there that play with female names to get attention.  I do not pay attention to them much, as I try to play more than chat. 

MotR is a gaming clan founded on Republic Commando, but we recently opened up a CODBO and BC2 division.  We used to have a really good map developer, Dagger, but he is long gone from being active.  Currently we have one member that made a map recently, Reborn.  If you did get accepted in MotR, you would be a good asset to me.  I have a project I would like someone to take for me.  MotR has a 32 man server and a couple private RepCom servers.  I want to make a set of maps that would represent MotR's base, environment and provide areas for members to film movie shorts on.  You are welcome to apply, it is a selective process though.  Once you get to the home page of the forums, just look for the Join Us image to complete your application.

BTW-  I just posted in our Media forum a link to a RepCom II mod.  I haven;t tried it yet, but would be interested in reviews.

frazscotland

Ja MOTR DAGGER did nic maps i liked his style.  8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

utengineer

Updating original post to include our newest gaming divisions and servers.