[RC] DM/TD Jai'galaar

Started by Dark Lord, May 19, 2008, 11:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lim23

Woah... Try putting in some vents on top of the hallways so some players can ambush (Man I'm so cool lol) others.  :lol: My suggestion for the title is 'Turning point' or 'Cold Metal' or anything like that. Anyways, good luck for college man (Or was it an university?).  :lol: Almost forgot. Don't forget to add some AIs. Like when your on a hallway to the 'boarding craft', the lighting under the floor (Which is sort of a catwalk) flicks on and off. Then a long flick 'off' and when it turns 'on', a Trando is right in front of you nose (kinda like FEAR huh?) that will make me jump out of the seat, and people will (or not) love it.  :? Hope you get my picture...  :mrgreen:

Dark Lord

see, i would love to do flashy stuff like that in a map, but RC doesnt really allow it because you can't have flickering lights (that i know of) in multiplayer
besides that, the raided ship won't be trando, but rebel
as for the name, i think im going to go with the suggestion of Jai'galaar. i love the idea of a bird that waits for the perfect time, and strikes when a target is most vulnerable. it typifies my own battle philosophy lol...but at the same time, it is also unique, and most importantly - Mandalorian
on a side note (referring to my previous post) i was able to get my RC working again by using my friend's CD to reinstall it using my CD key
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Lim23

Don't forget zero gravity... so you can have some fun in space lol. And dont forget to add easter eggs just in case someone got bored. To make it more fun, make it in third person! (crosshairs too) to make it like battlefront. anyway, good luck with the map, just don't let it get to your head.

Dark Lord

i was considering making an outside area with the zero G and all, but i havent decided yet
however, there will definitely be an easter egg, and it wont just be my armory with the jar jar target and modded weps this time (though of course i will still have that included)

Lim23

alright! high five! *Raises hand*

C'mon don't leave a brother hanging.  8-)

powers2005

Looks like one of the most complex maps I've seen. Should be brilliant, but will it run slowly, because It's so complicated?
 Also, what will be the player cap on this one? (looks like there could be hundreds of players at once)

Looking forward to the release  :D
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

Dark Lord

i run it fairly well on my laptop, ive tried to zone a ton to minimize the lag. there are, however, a few places (mainly when you are looking down one of the straight hallways) that you get some lag, but for the most part it is good
and i am definitely making this 32 player compatible :)

Dark Lord

the main ship is now finished, and i will begin the rebel ship tonight. as said before, the rebel ship will be simpler, so it will be finished more quickly. still, any ideas you guys have about it would be great, because i dont want it to be too simple lol. after it is finished, i will have to do a few touch-ups in the map, and then add in the secret area which should only take a day

Lim23

Rebel? can you customize the corpses' body into the rebel model and put it in the rebel ship's corridors. Don't forget some 'unhelpful' (Idle, not part of the map) AIs to make the map look more realistic (maybe in the gunnery stations and the bridge and maybe the engine room or any sort.)  :geek:

a$$a$$IN

Dark Lord

pic of the secret area

pretty much everything is done now, its just a matter of putting the 3 maps together and doing some touch ups and all that stuff
hoping to get this finished next week if all goes well

Sandcrawler

hmm what about doing them as single player?

In my opinion your maps have always had the size and feel of a single player map.

You wouldn't need to put the three maps togeather either. Just have a transition room with a teleporter.

If your interested I can post up some links for how to do it. If I were you and this was my first single player map I would just keep it simple, and not add destrucatble doors and hack stations and things like that until your use to it. I'd add in some of the other sniper positions and such though.

Maybe you know this already but cntrl + Alt + left click will make a selection box for draging over sections of a map.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Dark Lord

a single player option would be possible, though i dont know how great it would be since i dont know how to do AI scripting and all that stuff, and with all the detail in this map i wouldnt want to just throw out something simple because i feel that would be wasteful when alot more could be done

i would also be open to someone more experienced doing SP for me, and i could simply tell them what i would like to see in the map

still though, im definitely going through with a mp version of this map, i realize that the scale of my maps can make something like 1 on 1 pretty difficult at times (ive tried it and i usually win because i know my way around where others get lost lol) but still, i have always hated arenas where i am forced into combat and there are no breaks. i enjoy sneaking around and stalking someone until the time is right and really any type of ambush that can be pulled off, plus the level of realism is more important to me than the gameplay of a map and it serves well for RPG or simply hanging out with friends (which is what i do on my maps pretty much 90% of the time) but im starting to rant here so ill stop lol

btw, that is actually a good tip, because i did not know that and have always wished i could do such a thing lol

Sandcrawler

Actualy I poked around and the sniper points and things liek that have Prefabs made for them, just go tot eh Prefab browser and load the Marker one.

That should be all you need for them to work, and doors are theer as well.

I didn't see much AI script where I looked. Just on the Droid Factory (droid spawns) they had set them to go to a certain actor.

The Biggest thing is Path Nodes, and pathing:
kfmod.php?page=tutorial-4 (just the first part)
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Bot_Pathing

The hardest part about this is getting them to go where you want, with the fewest amount of Path Nodes, if you place to many it will slow down the map, and they will get stuck between them. Also weapons, and triggers function as Path Nodes as well.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

frazscotland

hey darklord how goes your project ? i am lookin forward to seein this map, regards fraz :geek:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND