Making SMs....From UNREALED!!:D

Started by Tycon, January 04, 2011, 08:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycon

alright you make a bunch of added boxes in the shape of the sm you want, then you select it all, arightclick, and Convert > to Static Mesh... and a little thing comes up asks for package, group and sm name (i haven't gotten around to actually doin it so dunno if it works, but it should)

BYE BYE BLENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Darktrooper

Um yea, I can't wait to see your blocked out tie interceptor or millenium falcon made using just the tools in the unreal editor. But you want to make usable lightsabers. REpComm meet Tycon's legoland lightsaber. Should be uber.... ::)

Tycon

lol its just im too lazy to learn blender lol this is easier

Sandcrawler

Yea, but all you can make is primatives, you can't surface model, or smooth.

So more or less, the most complicated shape you could make in UE is a flag poll, and even that will look extra flat.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Tycon

lol i made one already its a lightsabe (looks stupid... need better tex)

Darktrooper

If you look in the anchorhead map I made, you'll see a jacked up looking land speeder. TRUST ME, you are better off trying to learn to make things in a modeling program. That land speeder was just horrible  :-[

Tycon

Right, bur i started making sumthin uber and u will cry when you see it

frazscotland

Tycon the lightsaber is already in the game its in RAS CARL pak  r sumthin  :o   change MT_None init.
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

ik i just neede an idea 4 my first mesh