Building SM's---Requests?

Started by Squad_Sammaron, November 25, 2006, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

ok, i'm making static meshes, but don't know what to make. so i'm asking for requests. any meshes you want, but could never have?! pleaaaaasee! also, atm, i'm not doin skeletal meshes. i'll tell you once i get the hang of those. but any meshes needed fellas?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Sh4rpSh00t3r

For your friend the Sh4rpSh00t3r ;P

Wine glasses
Beer mugs
Wine bottles
Wine rack
stools
ceiling fans
sigs and sig packs
stainglass cuboards

that should be it (for now!)

Why? ask and i'll kill you...

explode

Uhh just make lots of modern-style buildings for me!

Squad_Sammaron

bout the buildings, sry to big :D
i'll try and do some wine glasses, but your going have to figure out how to put tex's on em. i can't get my axe to have textures that i want on it. it crashes whenever i convert to brush to >:(
 //Edit: havin some issues with collision... i've got the wine bottle done, even textured (what a suprise! :D) but it has no collision and you see through the first layer straight to the second layer...
hmmm

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

idk if this is skeletal, but...

cars, like real wolrd cars, some wrecked cars, like exploded ones
Different kinds of trees, like winter trees, (no leaves)

I want real world stuff cuz im thinkin on makin a map from America's army, Bridge Crossing is the map, u heard of it?

Well i need an army truck, the one with the open back, and an exploded car. And some trees, it's a winter setting in that map, so i need trees with no leaves
In-game name: Genesis

Squad_Sammaron

i'll try with those cars and stuff, but they'll stink BAD. also, skeletal meshes are mehses that are used in animations, like shot guns, ect.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

Quote from: "Squad_Sammaron"bout the buildings, sry to big :D
i'll try and do some wine glasses, but your going have to figure out how to put tex's on em. i can't get my axe to have textures that i want on it. it crashes whenever i convert to brush to >:(
 //Edit: havin some issues with collision... i've got the wine bottle done, even textured (what a suprise! :D) but it has no collision and you see through the first layer straight to the second layer...
hmmm

all i do is go to display and add skins

ahh ok

Hybrid_Soldier196

Bride Crossing KICKS A$$!!!!!!!

VodeAn

well... 4 the game I could use

a animatable ship
flyable anything!
sm of mirror
sm of computers(alot of diff types)
sm of a car
sm of a jet
sm of a tolite (yea the thing u crap in)
sm of a lamp
weapon sm's!
new projectiles and new emiters (whts a weapon sm w/o a projectile to go with it)

{MotR}Weapon

How about neon signs. Make a red light disrtict! :P XD

Sh4rpSh00t3r

Quote from: "{MotR}Weapon"How about neon signs. Make a red light disrtict! :P XD

YES YES!!! Neon Beer signs and one that says MotR plz, would be great XD

if you still have no idea what im up too then you have no brain...  :wink:

Quote from: "Hybrid_Soldier196"Bride Crossing KICKS A$$!!!!!!!

Yeah it does! It's my favorite map.

Squad_Sammaron

lol :D sorry to say.... i'm having problems with blender :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D typical right? :haha: sorry fellas. good news though! making 'em takes me ten seconds. heres how: download blender. next, get doc holiday's ase exporter. put your soon to be SM's in edit mode (in blender) and have all vertecis selected.  push CTR+T this makes quads to triangles (do this when SM is finished) then open UVImage screen (check blender tuts) and aply a pre made texture with a size usable by UE (powers of 2) now, import the TEXTURES ONLY into UE (make the package myLevel   YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!!!). then import the SM with the same package name (myLevel). it should have the same amount of 'materiels' as you had textures on it previously. apply these textures here (just screw 'round till their in the right order). then while the SM tab is up, do file save in the pop-up tab selector thing. do the same thing under the Texture tab. you should see right through the meshes first layer. i've no idea why it does this. tell me if you can fix it :D
Later

explode

Or, you could just download the XSI mod tool trial for free, make your model, texture it, downlod Unreal ActorX, And BAM! Your static mesh is an ASE file, ready to be imported to your map!!!