[RC] DM/TD Jai'galaar

Started by Dark Lord, May 19, 2008, 11:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lord

so as the title says, im making another ship map
worked on it for a while around the beginning of this year, but have been on a long break recently as i went to galaxies and other stuff... but this map is 1/4 done, and already pretty big
basically, im trying to put more work and detail in this than ever before, as it is possibly my last map with me heading off to college after this last summer, but hopefully i will still find the time to continue things. also, because i am putting a lot of work into this, it is going to take a long time, so be prepared for a wait.
anyways, the map is a large ship to add to my fleet, which will later be joined by another ship parallel to it, which will be as though it were getting attacked, and i hope to add working boarding craft to take players over to that ship, and transports to fly between the hangars of the two as well.
thats the crowning feature of the map, the rest of the features are my usual things to let you play around in whatever role play stuff you may come up with, or, of course, simply fight on a very large map <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

here are a few screenshots:
ship

inside a turret
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Dark Lord

here is the recently added hangar with custom fighters

if one of the other admins would like to change all these to thumbnails, please go ahead...as i do not know how lol

Sandcrawler

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

I think you should do something about the floor on the pics in the first post, which doesn't look all too much like something you would expect on a spaceship :wink: and revise the lighting so it's not entirely red/blue, but more interesting with red/blue spots here and there and nice contrasts. Don't set your lights's saturation/lightness to 255 :mrgreen:. Also I suggest lightening everything up a bit, ie lowering the overall luminance contrast.

By the way, the EN Wikipedia lacks this neat little article about the seven color contrasts: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieben_Farbkontraste

RC-1266

wOw......... u spent much time didn't you?
(i like it a lot except the floor indeed)

Dark Lord

meh, ive used these same floors since DTS HQ and no one ever complained lol
but ill see what i can do about it, its just the only other floor i had to go with this map was too dark and didnt really give a luxury feel i was going for in some areas. (it's the floor thats used in the hangar)
as for lighting, you could check your contrast or brightness, because this map is more lit than many of my others (except hangar), and if i go up much more ill start getting that annoying light blur thing that happens when theres too much light. for me, at least, it's very easy to see around in most areas. and the lights have much more white than the color in them than my previous maps...these screenshots just arent the best quality and i think they probably give a bad impressions of it
ill see about mixing lights, but i just dont really see many opportune places for different colors, as i personally like the total blue hallway and the textures were made for such a thing (all the lights on the shaders are colored blue) but im sure i can find some areas where white or something else would look pretty good and ill put them there...

(btw- edited first post with bigger pic of turret interior)

Shockey

Dude nice map. I'm looking forward to playing on it.  :)

I agree with Sharp.  :P
{MotR}Shockey{NyxSgt} - "Shock to the Nuts"

verd1138

Dude!!! nice map! Kandosii!(mando'a for classy)

when will it be ready you think? I'll be downloading it ASAP!!
love the fighters!!
"Mandalorians don\'t make threats...we make promises"
"It\'s Hero time!"

Dark Lord

thx
as for getting it done-cant really say, but i would guess/try to have it done by the beginning of this august

^^btw Shockey, love ur sig picture :)

verd1138

Ok,August,check,its on my calendar!
btw,I made a Verpine shatter gun in Blender,tryin' to send to UnReal.
if anyones interrested i'll try to post pics.
"It\'s Hero time!"

Sh4rpSh00t3r

may be able to help you, me and morph have gotten this far with our voss model as of right now but are working on importing it, its hecka hard though because its not a simple one part upload there are many things you need to import including the animations for all weapon functions (there are a lot as a rough estimate your looking at making 25 animations) - also adding arms is tricky because the arms used for RC weps are locked into unrealed so you will need to make arms of your own which need like millions of joints to actually flow smoothly...

enough with the off topic stuff though if you want more information pm me

Morph + mine: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zHp9lol0vNE

verd1138

Hey I have an idea for the name...Jai'galaar.
it's a fierce bird of prey native to Mandalore.
check out the link for more info.

//http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shriek-hawk
"It\'s Hero time!"

Dark Lord

sounds cool, but i think it might be better to go with something more people could understand- but i will add that to my list of options

kind of interesting you should mention such a creature though, because the primary name i have been considering is Raptor or something like that