UnRealed.exe crashing at startup

Started by Hello, February 13, 2009, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello

I haven't used UnrealEd in a while (probably about 3-4 months) and this morning when I tried to start it up it crashed.  I saw someone else who had this problem but it was unresolved.  I've already updated Republic Commando to version 1.00 so that's not it.  Any ideas?  (I'll post a screenshot of the error message).
[E-7]Hâ,¬LLØâ,,¢{Vet}

Sandcrawler

I don't remember and I'm not sure if this will work, but...

Go into your Lucasarts/republiccommand/gamedata/system folder and find the UnrealEd.int file and move it to you desktop so there isn't one in your system folder. Then restart Unreal Editor. It should rebuild this file. but I wouldn't delete it just in case.

If that doesn't work then reply to this post with the last several lines of the UnrealEd.txt or attach it to your reply.

Also have you changed anything with your computer since the last time you ran the editor?
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Hello

It worked, thank you so much.

I took the UnrealEd.int file and moved it to my desktop, then I started it up and it worked.  Thanks a bunch.
[E-7]Hâ,¬LLØâ,,¢{Vet}

Sandcrawler

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Hello

Well, it worked the first time, the second and third not so much.  Same error, any more suggestions?
[E-7]Hâ,¬LLØâ,,¢{Vet}

Sandcrawler

try it again and see if the next time you start it it won't launch again. If it doesn't launch again then it has to be one of the options in the files, I'm just not sure what it would be. Maybe graphic options =/

Dark Clone Volo

<i>ID --> Xfire  = v0l0  --> Msn = http://darkclone.servegame.org/