Negatives

Started by powers2005, October 01, 2009, 12:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powers2005

Would it be possible to make a skin set for all the default skins, just made negative? i tried this and it looks cool, just i can't skin.
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

darkvengence25

yes its possible. you gotta export the skin that you want as .bmp format, open it up on photoshop, paint, or any other image editing program. i think you have to "invert" the image colors. when you're done just save as .bmp and import into UnrealEd textures. apply whatever texture you used and put it on the matching actor (or it'll just look funky). i'll look into this and post a few screenies if thats what you want.

IronJaw

I personally wouldn't mind a small tutorial.  :) I followed one I found, but the skin didn't show up. (The tutorial didn't mention applying textures to actors)

powers2005

Each time i try and skin i get an error message. could this be my O.S.? i tried on both XP and Vista, XP gets further, ut still ends in the same result.
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

darkvengence25

well what type of error do you have? take a pic of the error message by pressing Prt Scr or SysRq button and paste in paint. save as jpeg and post on here. i have XP and i import/export textures all the time. apparently this time, when i imported new textures i cant play on MP :( ill make a quick tutorial too if that will be helpful for people, just tell me exactly what you want explained.