How do you add a matinee before the map plays?

Started by explode, December 02, 2006, 09:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

explode

I think the title says it all...
Thanks in advance

Squad_Sammaron

i dunno. theres a script function (function postbeginplay i think) that does it as the level starts up. try that. if not, just change the loading screen to have a movie playing, i guess. your best bet is probably putting a trigger right next to the playerstart
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

Squad, do u know how to change the loading screen. That is what I need to know how to do.
In-game name: Genesis

Squad_Sammaron

it's somewhere on the site... pm doofi, i think he's the one that found it out (i'm not sure tho)

DooFi

hmm I'm sorry, I cannot help you with loading screens :/
Actually I don't know whether its possible to change it at all. I've never read anything about changing RCs loading screens.

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

I just  remember something on the forums about it. And I'm sure of it. I remember a screenshot of an edited loading screen, it had a couple screenshots of the map inside it, and other things.
In-game name: Genesis

Squad_Sammaron

Found it. Check out the install files under pages. just make on of those a .gif image you make wid gimp or w/e

arramus

Quote from: "explode"I think the title says it all...
Thanks in advance

Did you figure this out explode?

Darktrooper's SP map had a movie start instantly as soon as the map loaded. It was either triggered from a spawnpoint or there's a trigger element to begin on loading. The only time I used machinima was for an SP version of DM_Wook. I'll add something to AI_Domination for when a bad guy comes up through the floor on a mover and see how it goes.

explode

No.... I don't mean "how do you make it so the movie Plays" I meant "How do you do that in the first place (IE setting up a path and stuff)  and also, can you make it so that the movie plays at a certain event (like in halo, when you are looking for the control room, and cheif walks out on to the edge and kicks the rock off).

arramus

You can trigger the movie at certain events. Setting up is a little tricky. I'll add a tut in due course as I'll be adding a little machinima to the current map I'm working on.

arramus

Get a copy of Darktrooper's Search for Sev
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods ... o/mod.html

It has a Scene Manager that's triggered by the initial spawn point. I'm sure he used the Unreal Editor Tuts here http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/WebHome.html to set it up.

I used a different method and had an ingame movie using the movie button in UE and interpolation points. I'll be using that method again. I hope DT will tell us more about using the scene manager.

DS_PVT_Vulture_TU-3

I actually know exactly, I think this is what you mean, but you can add the start movie trigger in the same place as the player start, worked for me
Halo 3 is fun...

RC-1266

yay then explode gets his answer after.... 1.5 year?  :wink: