Commando brightness help

Started by jaysta95, December 15, 2008, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysta95

I re textured all of my commandos to white and removed all of there attachments (backpacks, sniper packs, etc..) but when it is very dark, the commandos are like GLOWING white like sun is shining on them. is there a way to make it so when they are in a dark place the armor acts like it would if it was the default texture???

Dark Lord

it might help if you put a more detailed list of what you did to the commandos. otherwise, i have no idea what could be the problem

did you try several places? sometimes the lighting in RC can be very stupid and static mesh and other objects can be glowing far beyond what they should be due to light coming from another room that may be nearby. however, the clones may act right in another area
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

jaysta95

i reshadered all of them to the Commando_white.bmp shader i made. i lowered the diffuse level to were its kinda not as bright, and i removed all the static mesh decals/accessories for the commandos. also, i renamed them, and changed there tacticle mode colors. but for whatever reason, they glow in the dark. also, can someone help me with finding out how to put the sandcrawler mod HUD into the acctual lucasarts hudshader folder, to where it works with the normal game?

Dark Lord

the only thing i can guess is to check the specular properties of the shader and test them in unreal editor
there are properties called "specular in dark" (or something like that) which may have been enabled, and also certain kinds of specular will cause textures to act strangely. for example, in the map i am currently working on i am using the same shader that the RAS textures use. however, when i select the option for static specular, it will look right on static mesh, but the brushes that have the texture will be unlit (in other words, certain specular options will work differently on brushes vs static mesh, and you may need to choose a different one)
another possibility is that u may have the commando properties>display>unlit enabled
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

jaysta95