Shaders

Started by pizzaboy314, June 23, 2010, 03:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pizzaboy314

hey everyone. wondering if anyone knows how to import shaders with xml data. i saw that's what it said when you try to import shaders in the editor. any help?
-PizzaBoy-

frazscotland

Hmmm maybe you best askin DARKLORD he got mega mappin xperience. 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

speedycheese

hey . i also noticed on sandcrawler or arramuses (cant remember) dunes . when u go into unreal / textures then mymap he has a bunch of absolutely great textures in there. Thing is , i dont know if we can use them or not are we allowed?
iv seen the textures used by arramus , sancrawler , darktrooper and doofi.
i cant figure out how to import them to my map because copy past doesnt work.

open dunes   check out the textures, there are some realy good ones
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

if you want to import textures, you have to make them be in .bmp format with both dimensions a binary value (64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc).

if the map you downloaded had a texture package attached, open the map you're working on, go to textures and go File - Open Package (its somthing like that) and open the specific package of textures.

I assume you mean like Bactaweek textures?
-PizzaBoy-

speedycheese

exactly! what do u meen bmp format and binery value. how do i do that. (coincidently im about to have pizza right now pizza boy.

Prepare For Hard Contact

speedycheese

i can open up bacta week . but it wont let me open up the ones under the mymap file of dunes.

Prepare For Hard Contact

pizzaboy314

whoa nice skyzone arramus in dunes. and excellent rendition of the Sarlacc Pit.
-PizzaBoy-

frazscotland

i think the shaders accompany the texture when theyr modeled in the mesh format in xsi or whatever. wel for models anyways. best to ask DARKLORD bout this. :idea:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND