How do I reskin MP Hudarms?

Started by Delrahn, May 07, 2010, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

I can reskin campaign hudarms, but where do I reskin MP hudarms? I changed all of the mpclone hudarms in textures to white, with fingerless gloves, but it won't reskin them in mp. :?

frazscotland

yeh for the pistol skin it always uses the boss hudarms ..
 the most totally easy way to do is to open textures and goto Hudarms textures select HudarmsWhite texture right clik EXPORT TO FILE it will save as HudArmsWhite so delete the "White" and save it as HudArms.bmp make sure u add .bmp at end . ok so then u reimport it File Import and name it HudArms replacing your existing hudarms but make sure u set the MIPS at 2 and the compression as DXT3 . then exit and save te updated texture file . thats the easiest way ..
or u kan do that for any of the existing hudarms textures for mp the default is mp_hudarms_d so following that process u kan do it for the 1 u want to switch to and also u need to do it for the pistol hudarm which is the boss hurams mentioned as above 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Delrahn

Thank you Fraz. I figured out a different (and more easy) way a long time a go. MpClone and MPTrandoshans have a HUDArms thing under hidden. Just type the name of a texture and vualla. Pretty easy if you just look. The HudArms for the pistol stayed as my mp hudarms, because I reskinned the pistol, and gave it different hud arms, well, that's my theory anyways.