DM_BeachHold

Started by CLONECOMMANDER501, March 24, 2007, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLONECOMMANDER501

This is a map That is in progress and with ACTUAL WATER, YES, I GOT ACTUAL WATER TO WORK. NOT ONLY THAT BUT I ALSO GOT NON-SCRIPTED AI TO WORK.

If you want to help me test it please contact me.

DooFi

wow, water :roll: ^^
Did you make a custom envmap? Never saw a map with new envmaps. I once made one, but i never finished it... lol
Anyway, I would not use fluid surfaces for a whole beach. These things will eat your FPS like nothing else.

CLONECOMMANDER501

A little history on the map. The cis Found a Republic military base on one of the beaches of kashyyyk. They need to send a force of infrantry to disable an artillery turret that's preventing a force of spiderdroids. The republic must launch it's fighters to take down the Resuctant.

Bugs so far:

There are a few passabilty issues.Mostly with the props, just dont go near them. The water doesn't have anti gravity so far. When I first made this map, the box I made got kinda messed up. v.2 may have a real skydome.

arramus

Hey CLONECOMMANDER501,

Welcome to the world of mapping. You've certainly started out with a big project there and it's starting to fill up with lots of detail. We all like lots of pikkies to get an idea of the scale and you've certainly given us some good ones. Keep working hard on it.

DooFi

looks pretty nice! I suggest to use terrain and fix the skybox though. Lighting will bring out the best of it if you get it right. And please make an environment map for the water when the map is done! Right now it mirrors the room in dm_detention.

Squad_Sammaron

i agree. use of terrain would interest things up
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

CLONECOMMANDER501

Sadly, I would have to make a whole new map to get in a new skybox and terrain. And I don't find copying and pasting from one map to another very fun. I tried using the terrain but it wouldn't do it on the beach.

And another problem was an AI bug. At one point I got the clones to fire at the battledroids but all the want to shoot now are the V-19's to the side. I also tried adding the Geo Fighters particle but they escape from the map. Sigh :shock: , I don't know how you guys live with this.

And I know about the annoying reflection about the water, but I went through hell to just get it on the map and I don't feel comfortable right now taming that lion.

arramus

No worries. Keep it coming and when you think you've reached an ending point we can take a look at it and help with final tweaks.

explode

You need to add a zone info to the map and set bterrainzone to true under zone info in the properties (reach them by double clicking)
As far as the collision issues go, you need to make blocking volumes for those.
Good luck
I hope that you are able to finish this map soon..
:Q_______

CLONECOMMANDER501

That I did, I was close to getting the terrain right but all it did was put a sheet over my beach!

Squad_Sammaron

yea i know. one the left side of the editor are to bars. the upper one has brush/camera tools. click the one that looks like a mountain, select vertex editing, then move the popup outa the way. a red circle should appear. it sometimes is hard to select the vertexies, so just click around till you do (you can tell when you have them selected). then simiply drag up the vertexies and get ta work :D

CLONECOMMANDER501

I know that! But when I did that, it just placed a giant sheet of land all over my map!

DooFi

Read this and understand, young padawan:
http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/tutorials/15.html

CLONECOMMANDER501

It looks like I won't be working on this until I can get rid of a damn virus, it'r preventing me from playing RC online.

Squad_Sammaron

-_- did you alter properties and save them? that'd screw wid MP