Mouse drivers

Started by FueL, June 17, 2009, 02:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FueL

I'm not 100% sure this is the problem but my mouse tends to be jumpy almost always.  I have windows xp with a wireless dell mouse that came with the computer, but at least once a minute when playin games - generally not during anything else - my mouse will jump in a different direction then i point.  could someone help me to see if i need a different mouse driver please.

Sandcrawler

I'm not sure what it is. It sounds like you need a mouse surface to me.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

FueL

hmm  ok thanks, ill see if i can get one.

zeix72

This happened to my bro you should just get a new mouse cause chances are urs is probably a laser mouse i recommend ball mouse wow i just said that.
That's a whole Bowlful of FAIL!!!

Darktrooper

14 months later and you decide to post a solution to this OP problem. I'm sure he has looooong since resolved it

Jet

Lol, that have to be a joke. I think laser mouse is much better than one with a ball. When I was buying a new mouse my dad was going to do that to (he have 2 comps but one laser and one ball mouse) becuse the ball mouse was so freaking bad and you have to take it in peaces and clean it to make the ball go smooth. A laser mouse with cable is the best!  8)
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

leeroy

that problem with the laser mouse doesnt happen to me i play on my bad and its uneven so i think that theres just something in the way of the laser
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games

zeix72

the reason why is the laser might be misalligned therefore skimping over places giving you the "jump".
That's a whole Bowlful of FAIL!!!

Sandcrawler

I recommend you spend at least $60 on a good laser mouse with adjustable DPI setting, as well as a decent hard surface mousepad.

I have never heard of a misalligned laser in a mouse, it usualy has to do with what surface you are using the mouse on, you need something that is not reflective, and has alot of texture. The lasers work by tracking the texture, so anything that doesn't have much texture, or is reflective will cause the mouse to jump.

I have the $60 logitech G5 (was 60 when I got it anyways) and before I got a mousepad it would jump all over the place, after I got the mosuepad its mouse, and accriate. This beign why I my orginal reply I mention a mouse surface.

But ok you mention a ball mouse, explain one single way they are good? Crud gets on the ball, then onto the roller plugs it up then it starts jumping around, or just stops moving until you clean the crud off. They are also incredably unaccriate and slow.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

leeroy

wow i only spent 5$ on my laser mouse without batteries  8)
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games

Sandcrawler

Yea, and its slow, choppy, doesn't have an adjustable DPI (basicly movement speed) switch and only 3...maybe 4 buttons.

leeroy

no my mouse isnt slow,laggy,etc its fast and does have 3 buttons like a reg mouse