I'm Starting A Mchinima Series and Need Some RepCom Skins

Started by Nero, March 10, 2007, 04:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Hey Guys.

Well as  the title said I'm starting a Machinima series. We have the script for episode one finished but before we start filing I would like some Commando skins so we don't have to use the defaults. As of now I only need three. Post here if you can help me.

Thanks
Nero

arramus

Hey Nero,

Can you show us the ones you have so far so skinners can see what you have and what not to duplicate?

Squad_Sammaron

wazup

what's wrong with skinning yourself? hehe :D just lazy? don't blame ya :D me too
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Nero

lol no not too lazy. too stupid. i have no clue how to do this sorta thing.

in reponce to arramus i don't have anything so far so no worries about duplicating. I'm gonna use the "Night Ops" (black) and "Recon" (light blue) skins from the game though.

Nero

o by the way. Will adding new skins work in multi-player? SOme people say it will others say it won't

Dark Lord

only works if they have the skins as well, otherwise you wont even be able to play together
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

DooFi

I didn't change much actually. Was a very quick job, because I took almost everything from the skin you see in my avatar.

Nero

Im kinda slow.....what am i suppossed to do with that?

lol

I want one of them to be like Boss only in Red. Kinda like the RC in your header.

You can get creative with the other 2

arramus

I added the stock Boss skin about a year ago to see how it looked in game.

Nero

yeah but

a) i want it in red

and

b) im to stupid to know how to change it myself lol

arramus

Well. Let's teach you then.

Are you familiar with Unreal Editor for RC?

arramus

Quote from: "DooFi"I didn't change much actually. Was a very quick job, because I took almost everything from the skin you see in my avatar.

That looks like a real Jungle Combat Camouflage DooFi. I still like the pink trooper skin you did almost 2 years back. That had real character.

Nero

arramus by "familiar"do u mean know how to use it or know what it is

i know what it is but i dunno how to use it

DooFi

Then I advise you to get to know the philosophy of the editor. Eg what the different browsers are for, what packages are and stuff like that.
How can you actually make a machinima without knowing the ed? DO you want to capture everything from a players view?! If you are to make a machinima, you should know matinees and the like, to make cool tracking shots. :)

Nero

i didnt know you could do that.

I was going to record it in spectator mode