America's Army---Unreal Editor [READ]

Started by .:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater, January 13, 2007, 11:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

Omg I just found out the same editor we're using to mod RC is being used for modding America's Army! I saw a video of someone using the unreal editor to mod AA. I can't wait to start modding for AA! I don't know how to get it yet though...

UPDATE: I just finished downloading the new version of America's Army. The editor comes with America's Army. Omg I can not wait to start modding tomorrow! So now I have two of the same editors on my desktop for different games. Heh... It's kind of funny...
In-game name: Genesis

Hybrid_Soldier196

Is it possible then to load the opposite games maps into the other and play em? Or would it just make a jumble and an error message?

DooFi

No thats not possible, since the games don't share all the programming-stuff and the engines themselves were most likely modified. The RC Engine for example does not equal the UnrealTournament2k4 Engine. If you buy the engine for $300000, you get a license to modify the hard-code of the engine.

No, it wouldn't work. But, we could import SM's from that editor and use them for RC  :D
Just tell me what kind of sm or texture you need and i'll send it to you.

Hybrid_Soldier196

Good at least theres some interconnectivity. (Did i spell that right?)

Yes you did spell that right. So if anybody needs any real-world objects for their RC maps, I can send them to you. Like cars, and bottles.