Database Editing / Mod Folders

Started by arramus, March 06, 2007, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

I'd like to edit the database properties and have them in their own folder. My goal is to launch the game but have the engine read from this new database and not the original. This way I can have an unedited copy of RC and a small mod addon for a modded version without needing to install 23 copies of RC.

Copy/Pasting everything into new folders and adding an edited DB while renaming/launching should be easy enough but I'd ultimately like this to be public and in a simple downloadable setup.

The AI accuracy sucks when playing SP in MP mode and I'd like a bit more of a challenge. I'm sure there are lots of MP tweaks we could make as well to enhance online gaming.

Are you there duary15?  :lol:  or would anyone else like to share their DB experiences.

In the systems area, the settings file allows you to select the location of packages/files to load and Could a new settings file could link to the original files for everything and just the new location for the DB. I saw this for the server setup and will look at SP loadups in more detail. Or is there an area in the DB that links to folder locations? Lots of exploring ahead...