Coding Tuts

Started by Squad_Sammaron, September 12, 2006, 04:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

GAH!!! CODING!! :D i cant find any flippin sites that have EXAMPLES and TUTORIALS on stuff like how to actually set up a program, just how ta read em. HUZAH! if ya just give me a piece a code now, i can probly find out it's basic function. but i want sumthin like ok put in function mybad( crap crap ) or w/e! so pls if you find a tut on this stuff, send it my way.
Function Thanks( Pawn Community )
{
       var string "Thanks"
       disp "Thanks"

}
:D would that even work :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Sandcrawler

= might try googling C++ or Java coding tutoprials, or U script Tutorials. U script is what Unreal engines uses.

You might want to go to dogpile.com instead of google, it takes all popular searches into one. Also you might ask on the 3D Buzz forums, I pretty sue they haev some U script Tutorials. I bleave thats what your after right?

~Sandcrawler
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

3D Buzz also has very cool VTMs on Unrealscript! I've heard Uscript was similar to C++ and Java (not Javascript!)

Sandcrawler

yeah your right =P java programs sucks thow lol they never run right =P
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

QuoteU script is what Unreal engines uses.
btw UScript is only an "attachment" for modders or smaller programming stuff. The Uengine core is written in C++ and with UScript  you cannot really affect the engine itself afaik. Although you can crap up the whole game by changing important things^^

Sandcrawler

Yes of Corce, I figured he just wanted to edit game files and weapon stuff, that I'm pretty sure uses U script, C++ would be if you wanted a whole new game. Cause you do new gametypes and such in U script from what I understand about it...witch isn't much =P

Squad_Sammaron

but you gotta download stuff on 3DBuzz rite? o well ill check it out. hope it doent cost cash... i HATE it when things like that make you pay :D o well thx

From: King of the super awesome people that are extremely smart and understand almost everything, including super stuff like Super Man and extremely cool stuff like me and a few other people in the world

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!! it costs money....

DooFi

No it's free.  :roll:

Sandcrawler

= I could look over the ones I got on my DVD version of UT04, and see what VTMs I got fronm them. and maybe upload them...lol the DVD was only 20 bucks last year so tis proly 15 or less now. if you can find it, try Gamestop stores.

DooFi

lol my post wasnt meant to be sarcastic xD The VTMs on 3DBuzz are free ^^

Squad_Sammaron

wat? nu uh. it says in forums 'I recomend buying Season 1...' ??? ill check again... o and also, does anyone know any good java tuts? JAVA.com is put terribly together, i think.

DooFi

well you need an account n order to watch the Video-Lessons, but you don't need to pay anything. At least I did not lol

Squad_Sammaron

ok i got some stuff down. I know a bit of functions, vars, states, ect. but im having trouble tryin to set up a new thing (i.e. flame gun or sumthin.) can someone plssssss help me out? the vtm thing has some weird que thing, so i couldnt get em. BUT could someone pls help me find a tut or a good book? im thinkin of the "Uscript all in one" book. but still... anyone wanna gimme a good tut or help me out and just work on some code with me? so far i got class FlameThrower extends Weapon (lol i got nada :D

DooFi

are you modding RC or UT? lol I'm not quite sure, but I suppose you cannot compile your stuff for RC anyway. I remember I tried that once, but evidently it didnt work xD. And I really doubt that someone has written a book about Uscript + RC. All you will find is for UT, and UT offers l0ts of possibilities you dont have with RC.

Squad_Sammaron

i'm codin RC. i know how to compile n stuff, all i need is someone to help me start it off. im confused about states and how to actually make a projectile shoot out. all i want is some help startin off. it shouldnt be that hard. its just playin anims for fire on someone, constant damage (i.e. a lil mod to the shock efect), and a mesh. WAHLA! flame thrower. here, ill give it a whack and post what i find, but if you find a good tut or sumpin pls help me out and hand it over