Sandcrawler Mod Updates, Suggestions and Additions

Started by arramus, March 16, 2007, 01:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Hey all,

We're putting together a Sandcrawler mod with new players, weapons tweaks, AI tweaks, new MP/SP maps and anything else that comes about.

If you would like to make any additions or workable suggestions then fire away.

arramus

A few vids of what's being tested so far.

New Players for MP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz1TfG6efV4

AI Accuracy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjxxC6AP_E

Weapons Tweaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f11pFe2RUs

{MotR}Weapon

That looks awesome, especially the extra skins

arramus

Hey {MotR}Weapon,

You're very welcome to test out the mod with me anytime. I have a server up just for that and we can transfer files you need over Xfire.

Sandcrawler

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

It's looking good Sandcrawler. Very organised and easy to coordinate.

Thanks.

Squad_Sammaron

Quoteand a new Animations Package
from your sticky arramus. i have tried to tell you!! i've looked forever and custom animations or even packages don't seem to be happening. if you can clear me up on how you plan on doin this, that'd be swell. o btw, that clone on the emblem of this site in red armor would be purty sweet if you ask me :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

arramus

The new animations package (SandAnim1.0) is already added and simply links the mesh I opted to use with the new Dark Trooper texture. It works just fine and benefits people who download the mod as they don't have to replace any existing packages. It's simply a case of convenience and apart from the new mesh/texture linkup everything remains default.

Squad_Sammaron

O.o howd you make a new anim package for UE?! i've tried and tried, but cant find a way! plssssssss tell me how you made it!!! (did you change anim props and then save it as a new name?

{MotR}Weapon

Quote from: "arramus"Hey {MotR}Weapon,

You're very welcome to test out the mod with me anytime. I have a server up just for that and we can transfer files you need over Xfire.

I'd love that. :D

I'll be able to go back to gaming after I get a job, which should be soon (before that I have to get Jury Duty out of the way *grumbles* >.> )

arramus

Changed the Shield colours a bit to give the DarkTrooper a deeper tone and the Rep something more angelic :

Darktrooper

Okay, count me in on this one. I'll help with the mapping, but I'll need to either send you the maps to place the new characters in or learn how to do it myself. What kinda time frame are you looking at? I'll get with A on xfire and get the details there.

arramus

The new characters will replace the existing characters so np on the mapping side of things. Oncethe maps loads up with the new Properties, anim package and skins they take over.

arramus

Switching Projectiles for DC-17 and APC

Squad_Sammaron

hey, i didn't know you're askin for help. i can do sms, and mod folks, but that about covers it.

Hey, also, why not just mod the the chars for that level only? it would be hard to start the game as a dark troop only for that lv.... could you change lev properties or something? i dunno, just a thought