Skinning(Will do requests)

Started by 1upD, December 26, 2007, 01:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1upD

This place is nearly entirely dead, from what it seems, but if anyone reads this, I can skin RC for you. :) If anyone could make use of my skins, I'd be glad to share them.
Here's a list of skins I've made
-Non-clone human
-Human mercenary(^ Edit of above)
-Clone Seargant(green)
-Clone Lieutenant(Blue)
-Clone Captain(Red)
-Clone Commander(Yellow)
-Jango Helmet(Doesn't really count as a full skin...)
-Geo Battle Droid
-Sarge
-Caboose

Eh, I got to go, but I'll upload screens later. I just love to brag. :roll:

JanDeis

Wanna help me out on my RC 2 mod?  I'm sure there is lots of skinning to be done there...

Also, can you do reskins for weapons or other things of that sort?  Or do you just do the characters?

My RC 2 thread is in the projects section called "Rouge Commandos".

icepwn

i can skin too.. :roll:  seriously i can..

Sh4rpSh00t3r

skinning is actually very easy. ;)

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"Wanna help me out on my RC 2 mod?  I'm sure there is lots of skinning to be done there...

Also, can you do reskins for weapons or other things of that sort?  Or do you just do the characters?

My RC 2 thread is in the projects section called "Rouge Commandos".
Oh, you're making RC2? I saw the RC2 website, but didn't download because I don't like downloading TCs. I might, but I don't want to be a staff member. I'll just do skins if you need them. Rogue commandoes!? Dang, everyone has rogue clones now! (Stupid BFII, giving everyone the same cool idea)

I have modified weapons, I changed the skin of the pickup, but I haven't gotten the HUD to work yet.

JanDeis

Two things.

1)  The RC2 that has already been released has nothing to do with my mod.  The one on that site is a different set of commandos during the later parts of the war.  My mod is the same commandos from the original game with their first mission starting on Kashyyyk.

2)  My Rogue Commandos idea came from the thought of the commandos having more mental freedom than the rest of the clones, therefore letting them disobey Order 66.  So, instead of joining the Empire, Delta Squad ends up being the first of a rebel movement against the newly formed Empire.

Anyways, you are able to help?  Kool  8) .  I also have an idea for new static meshes, but I am still trying to figure out if my importing animations find has worked yet...

1upD

Quote1) The RC2 that has already been released has nothing to do with my mod. The one on that site is a different set of commandos during the later parts of the war. My mod is the same commandos from the original game with their first mission starting on Kashyyyk
Ah crap, I figured something like that was possible. Why don't you rename yours? RC2 is kind've unoriginal anyways, no offence.
Quote2) My Rogue Commandos idea came from the thought of the commandos having more mental freedom than the rest of the clones, therefore letting them disobey Order 66. So, instead of joining the Empire, Delta Squad ends up being the first of a rebel movement against the newly formed Empire.
Cool. I believe that Delta stayed with the Empire, especially because of the Republic Commando:Order 66 game released for cell phones. Besides, they were trained by Walon Vau. I think it's more likely Skirata's clones would rebel, while Vau's stay loyal. Just my thoughts. I'll still help with skinning, if you need it, though.
QuoteI also have an idea for new static meshes, but I am still trying to figure out if my importing animations find has worked yet...
I've heard it's been done, but if I were you, I'd stay away from importing anything 3D. I tried importing a helmet mesh one time, we couldn't get the scale right.

icepwn

Quote from: "1upD"... I'd stay away from importing anything 3D. I tried importing a helmet mesh one time, we couldn't get the scale right.

well did u compare it to an commando's helmet?

JanDeis

QuoteWhy don't you rename yours? RC2 is kind've unoriginal anyways, no offence.

It is RC2 because it continues off of the story from Republic Commando.  Rouge Commandos because Delta Squad disobeys orders from the Empire.

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"It is RC2 because it continues off of the story from Republic Commando.  Rouge Commandos because Delta Squad disobeys orders from the Empire.
Ok, then.
Why not Republic Commando:Rogue Commandoes, just abbrieviated RC2? :roll: Ok, I'll stop bugging you.

DooFi

Quote from: "1upD"
Quote from: "JanDeis"It is RC2 because it continues off of the story from Republic Commando.  Rouge Commandos because Delta Squad disobeys orders from the Empire.
Ok, then.
Why not Republic Commando:Rogue Commandoes, just abbrieviated RC2? :roll: Ok, I'll stop bugging you.
You should rather abbreviate it RC² then. Though, with the colon in the middle it would look more like RC divided by RC, which would of course result 1. So just call it 1. Or The One True Commando. Or RC:The One. Or RC1 Or something like that.
I apologize in advance for this posting.
Good night.

1upD

Quote from: "DooFi"
Quote from: "1upD"
Ok, then.
You should rather abbreviate it RC² then. Though, with the colon in the middle it would look more like RC divided by RC, which would of course result 1. So just call it 1. Or The One True Commando. Or RC:The One. Or RC1 Or something like that.
I apologize in advance for this posting.
Good night.
LOL

RC to the second power equals one....

JanDeis

8) RC² <--- That looks cool  8)

I think I will do that.  I've got a skinning job for you to do (if you want to call it skinning).  Mod the title screen to have RC².  Then say "Rouge Commandos" underneath of it.

DooFi

omg please don't use RC²! Do you remember the time when EVERY FUCKING SEQUEL had superscript-numbers? HL², X³ and so on and so forth. That is so trite, man.
It would be more "starsarsy" to say "RC II" or whatever...

JanDeis

How would it look with the Republic Commando font?  I just had an image go through my head of what the title would look like, and I thought it might look cool.

I'll try to see what I can come up with.  But I think I should focus on the game content a little more though...