Models to unrealed from blender?

Started by Jet, July 23, 2010, 06:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jet

How do I export the models from blender and import them to unrealed? I am made an easy rifle that I would like to make into a real weapon to use. Plzz respond!
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Sandcrawler

Use the .ase blender exporter, (do a google to find it). I can't recall what all you need to make a weapon on UE2.5
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Jet

I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Delrahn

I Downloaded the .ase thing to Blender, but when I imported my model into RC, UnrealEd didn't render my model, so in the static mesh place place, where my model should've been, there is just a grey grid. Can someone help me fix this please? Also, how do I figure out which version of Blender I have?

Slaughter

when i import my models u can barely see em. so i zoom in on it, right click and open its actor properties. Then i go to display>drawscale> and increase it by 60 or more(sumtimes less, depending on model).  Also "i think, quout QUOUT" that it might also have to do with your version of blender, i have version 2.43.

I was able to download an .ase export off blender cookie, but it only works for 2.43 or lower. My exporter wrks ok, i just hope u can get yours to wrk. ;)

Darktrooper

Quote from: Delrahn on August 24, 2010, 04:53:57 PM
I Downloaded the .ase thing to Blender, but when I imported my model into RC, UnrealEd didn't render my model, so in the static mesh place place, where my model should've been, there is just a grey grid. Can someone help me fix this please? Also, how do I figure out which version of Blender I have?

When you open blender, there is a second window that opens and reads your python script. At the top of that window you should see blender version 4.XX, xx being the number of your version.

Quote from: Slaughter on August 26, 2010, 02:42:51 PM
when i import my models u can barely see em. so i zoom in on it, right click and open its actor properties. Then i go to display>drawscale> and increase it by 60 or more(sumtimes less, depending on model).  Also "i think, quout QUOUT" that it might also have to do with your version of blender, i have version 2.43.

I was able to download an .ase export off blender cookie, but it only works for 2.43 or lower. My exporter wrks ok, i just hope u can get yours to wrk. ;)

Blender units are 1/16th that of standard unreal units. So if you want something that is 256 unreal units in hieght you will need to make it 3796 blender units in hieght. Probably better to just resize it in your unreal editor.

hockeygoalie35

This another way, just in case.
if you dload the XSI mod tools (registration required)
here is the plugin: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX.html
then export you model as an .Obj, import it into XSI. then go to ,
Model>polymesh>invert polygons. then export with the plugin as an .ASE and bam, your done.
Xfire: hockeygoalie35
Youtube: 1hockeygoalie