Water!!!! Water!!!

Started by Jediwannabe, August 13, 2007, 06:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediwannabe

I just joined, but I've been TRYING to map for quite a while, I have most of it down.   But I can't figure out water...PLEASE help me!!  :(   (P.S. If i said it nicer would you help)

Former member of"Earth Productions"

Dark Lord

water itself is impossible, but it can be imitated by making a sheet with a water texture as the surface of the water, have the zone of the water with low visibility, and a box that emcompasses it all and have the physic's volume gravity of it set to around +50 or +100 Z
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Sh4rpSh00t3r

you can also use a fluid surface info actor in which u add a texture and set it inside a physics volume box but this way you will get much more realistic water (u can set it to splash on it or move aorund on contact)

Jediwannabe

I'm not sure I understand that.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

use the tuts an familiarize yourself with actors and pawns before you get into water. Fluid surface info is an actor located in the info section (i believe)

Jediwannabe

ok I tried it but everytime i tried to put the Fluid surface thingy in UED crashes!

EDIT: NVM I copied one from one of the other maps and it worked.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

mine crashes too, but if you use one from another map you won't be able to edit or delete it after you put it in your map as it will disappear, be careful!

explode

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"mine crashes too, but if you use one from another map you won't be able to edit or delete it after you put it in your map as it will disappear, be careful!
Try going to the groups browser and enabling the "north half" or whatever.

Jediwannabe

what???

DooFi

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"mine crashes too, but if you use one from another map you won't be able to edit or delete it after you put it in your map as it will disappear, be careful!
It does not disappier, it just hides. It's still there ingame and you can find it using the the "find-actor"-tool. Theres also a boolean property "bHidden" or "bHiddenEd", although I set it to false, and it still disappeared. Dunno, i must have made a mistake or something.