Triggering Particle-Emitters? [fka "Help me?"]

Started by icepwn, October 04, 2007, 11:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icepwn

well i found a sweet effect for fireworks :D particle system>GREVG_Misslie_Impact so i was wondering if i could have trigger for fireworks show (anyone know if i can change colours well it doesnt really matter but it would be cooler)so if you press F (use) then they start and Keep on going until you stop them.. or no rather trigger open timed.. anyways is this possible?

icepwn

oh sweet oh sweet also Holo_flag_red_V2 for firework effect and Holo_flag_blue_V2

Shockjaw

YAY! MUST SEE IN MAP!!

DooFi

Would you please use more meaningful thread-titles?
R T F M !
(this has been translated in a few languages. Maybe you can even find your language with google :D)

Shockjaw

Quote from: "DooFi"Would you please use more meaningful thread-titles?
R T F M !
(this has been translated in a few languages. Maybe you can even find your language with google :D)

Sure then.

icepwn

Omfg i have to be perfect or something if so ill just leave if you want me too.. and btw doofi i said in one forum if this forum was dead and you said it was stupid question.. and guess what i found a thread you made with same meaning so stupid thread right back at you  :P

icepwn

And anyone feel like helping me making a map with fireworks in it? and just a great map..?

xfire  (see below)

Dark Lord

you can probably just put multiple of that grievous guard effect in the sky, but they will all go off simultaneously and only once unless you senquence them...im guessing you do that with AI scripting or something similar which i dont mess with at all
if you want to change their color im pretty sure you will have to find the texture for that effect and make several colored versions of your own, then make new effects with those skins
these are all guesses, ive never messed with effects much- they usually dont show for guests in multiplayer servers anyway
btw i see nothing wrong with this topic, except that its in the wrong forum so im moving it
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Sh4rpSh00t3r

DL is right (from what i know) and if it requires AI you won't be able to play the map in MP.

icepwn

AI's are pawn?

Dark Lord

yes but we are referring more to AI scripting, which i believe also crashes people...
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Shockjaw

Well some. not all

DooFi

Every controllable thing is a pawn. Players are also pawns. In SP and in MP as well.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

yes but all ai scripting is for sp only and aramus has tried for himself (it crashes)

icepwn

kk but why i need schripting? can't i add trigger?