Sandcrawler Mod Updates, Suggestions and Additions

Started by arramus, March 16, 2007, 01:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

If we can copy the original script into a new actor under the hierarchical parent and successfully save it then that would be a cool idea.

Squad_Sammaron

QuoteIf we can copy the original script into a new actor under the hierarchical parent and successfully save it then that would be a cool idea.
many of the weps dont have scripts. if they do, theres tuts all over the internet to find out how.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

arramus

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"I got another idea. Can we make duplicates of thwe weapons so we cna have diffrent settings.

I started thinking this after I read about the 1-shot kill anywhere sniper rifle. That doesn't sound like any DC to me, but it does make me with of the disruption rifle back from Jedi Academy. we could use the same skin, change the name, the zone thing to the bowcaster one, and have the shot carge, and turn the shot to a pink-red charge.

The disruptor rifle kills one shot fully charged anywheres, and headshots are still a kill no matter.

This way we could limit that to large maps, and still have a headshot only rifle. because I think if we make it one hit kill anywhere it will become a nub weapon, when I was playing alot, I could blindhit people across the map, so if it was one hit kill then I would have got alot of kills.

Duplicates appear to be fine using the script from an existing weapon. It can either be a separate entity in its own right or you can link certain aspects into the duplicate.

One I tested had unique pickup collisions and starting ammo but they can share the same ammo pickups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Vj0p1ZDkw

CJKID14

i have a question. is it possible to add co-op to this mod or is it already in there?
im just wondering

Sandcrawler

Nah...the AI system becomes buggy and stupid in multiplayer. Lots of crashes, and thats just the start of the problums.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Judge

I know that this topic is inactive for ages, but I just would tell you that your job is amazing.

I don't know if you're still modding but I'm so impressed by your job.