Well, now with AI being smarter

Started by Sandcrawler, November 06, 2006, 01:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

We should be able to pull this off easy, Just have everybody join as one side in the server, and with the AI then it would be a Co-Op against the AI. We should check into it and see if we can set the Path Nodes to makes them smarter when they are running around. We could even have two team fighting threw the droid and then eventualy getting to each other and having to kill each other.

I might mess around with this later and see what will work.

~Sandcrawler
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Darktrooper

So far I've been looking at it as a Deathmatch server, that will allow for friendly fire. Ha, you could have commandos and Trandos working as a team on a DM map or, like you said, fighting the AI and each other in a TDM. The potential is there for alot of new stuff. Just have to debug it  :P

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

that would be quite interesting to have that it would create a new playing expierince

Hybrid_Soldier196

This only increases my will to mod. :wink: Im gonna start on a Geonosis COOP map. Much like my "Trando Cavern" map but bigger.....a lot bigger.

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

how big we talkin in unrealed cube builder measurements?

Hybrid_Soldier196

I wont know till im done. I make a room and then decide what else im gonna add.

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

lol that is interesting i do it opposite first decide what i want and then do the sizes

Hybrid_Soldier196

Its worked for my first 3 maps so i dont see any reason to change it. It works for me but not everyone.

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

Everybody has their own method

Darktrooper

I've found that following the linear method of an SP game works great. That way you have a specific direction for your players to go in. We've had a lot of success with that in the COOP Warfare.

Squad_Sammaron

bout the pathnodes, i can do AIScript and i can do path nodes. so post up maps and tell me where you wannem and stuff. (i got the tut for aiscript off'a udn.epicgames.com)
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Hybrid_Soldier196

thanks in advance Squad! :wink:  cause i have no clue how to do that stuff.

Squad_Sammaron

sure thing :D i'll get started on that bacta dispenser

Squad_Sammaron

lol i cant find out y it doent work on mp. i can't host, so will someone make a simple dedicated serv and see if the dispensers work on dedicated servers?

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

An xbox game, i cant remember the name, but its like the good realistic war games, americas Army, CS, COD and all those, but online there'es a co-op mode and you have a base right in the middle of things, and enemies come from different directions, so one mode can be just defend your base and not complete the level.
In-game name: Genesis