News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Awesome Outer Space Skydome  (Read 3900 times)

darkvengence25

• View Profile
Awesome Outer Space Skydome
« on: December 07, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »
Does anybody have any outer space skydomes? I've been trying to look for a few but I haven't found any so far. I don't like the one used in RC because is a little lame and I wanted a new texture so people can look in awe at it.

Dark Lord

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Outer Space Skydome
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
ive made my own in the spacestation and star cruiser maps using SW images found on google (and in Star Cruiser's case the star was made by a friend). you are welcome to use the ones there if you like

in the map i am working on now, i made a starfield myself in GIMP using this tutorial: http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/star ... orial.html

it's probably best that you make your own, because while there are a lot of cool space images out there, it is extremely hard to find images that will work well together in a skydome box
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

darkvengence25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »
Hey thanks a lot Dark Lord! I'll check out the ones you have, and I'll try making a few with the tutorial! :D

frazscotland

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
yessss spacestation is the most ambitious rc map i have ever seen. it took me 30 mins to explore it . it could be an AI map which would take as long to do as a complete level from rc.. :D
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

pizzaboy314

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 05:45:03 AM »
hey my map assaultship zone has a very good skyzone. i had to make my own high-rez space texture and apply it to the dark kashyyyk skydome.
check it out, it is seen in the recreation of the prologue shooting range. :mrgreen:

rcmod.php?page=downloads&command=view&id=147
-PizzaBoy-