Started by Slaughter, September 26, 2010, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaughter

No not where you smite or applaud people,, but it's when u shoot something and instead of doing nothing it will fall over or react to u shooting it. I'm going to
tell you how to make static meshes do this. It's quite simple, you choose a static mesh>right click>and add karma actor*(not all static meshes can use karma)*

After you've place your Kactor, you can click the properties> click Karma>Kparams>KparamsMyLevel...>KarmaParams>> now you can edit what your Kactor
does in the game.

KstartEnabled--When set to false,  it means that when your character spawns the Kactor wont be enabled, till it is shot with a weapons/grenade.
                      When set to true, they will act as if they were all shot.
bHighDetailOnly--When set to false, the Karma actors will react no matter what the players detail settings are.
                         When set to true, the Karma actors will react only when their detail setting is set to high.
bKStayUpright--When set to true, the Kactor will try to stay upright.
                       When set to false, the Kactor could tip over.
KactorGravScale--Higher number, the Kactor is affected by gravity more.
                           Lower number, (possibly floating?!?!?) i don't know.
KangularDamping--This affects how fast or slow the kactor would rotate. When set to 0 it won't stop rotating.

Kbuoyancy--Kactor in water. When 0 it will sink to the bottom. When set to 1, depending on the speed it goes in it will stop at a point, it won't float or sink.
                                          When set to 1.2 or higher it will float.
KMass-- affects the weight of the object.

Slaughter

http://www.xfire.com/video/372e76/

Here's a link to prove that Karma is real, and to show u how it works.

Sandcrawler

Karma works good in Single player, but as soon as you try to use it on Multiplayer its bugged.

Even in Killing Floor Karma Props don't work right in multiplayer, and will lag the servers out in both games.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

frazscotland

oooh thats great slaughter. can u edit the karma properties by scripting ????
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Slaughter

Are you saying you wanna know how to make ragdolls or have people affected by impacting bullets?

frazscotland

If u guys know TAG PHOBOS at all recently he changed mp characters to demo charge crates by scripting . he has been experimetning with script based karma properties . its way beyond me but excellent nonehteless  :'(
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND