Legal stuff. READ IT!

Started by Squad_Sammaron, December 07, 2006, 10:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

right, i just read over the liscense agreement. check this out
    Rules Governing New Levels:  LucasArts is under no obligation to make any features in the Software that will allow you to create New Levels.  If  LucasArts determines, in its sole discretion, to make such features available, then the following will apply: "New Levels" are data that modify, add to, or substitute for data in the Software, thus modifying, adding to, or replacing levels provided by LucasArts in the Software, and may also include saved games, and scenarios created using the skirmish features of the Software.  New Levels may be permitted by LucasArts, in its sole discretion, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the following additional conditions:
    (1)  New Levels may work only if used in combination with the retail version of the Software, and may not work with any demo or Original Equipment Manufacturer (generally known as "OEM") versions of the Software.  New Levels may not be designed to be used as a stand-alone product.

(2)  New Levels may not modify any COM, EXE, DLL or other executable files.

(3)  New Levels must not contain any illegal, scandalous, illicit, defamatory, libelous, or objectionable material (as may be determined by LucasArts in its sole discretion), or any material that infringes any trademarks, copyrights, protected works, publicity, proprietary, or other rights of any third party or of LucasArts.

(4)  New Levels may not include any LucasArts sound effects or music files or portions thereof.

(5)  New Levels must identify in every description file, on-line description, read-me, and in comments in the New Level code (if new code is added): (a) the name, address, and e-mail address of the level's creators, and (b) the following disclaimer: "THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD."

(6)  New Levels may not be sold, bartered, or distributed with any other product for which any charge is made (other than incidental charges for time spent on-line), but rather must be distributed free of charge at all times.

(7) By distributing or permitting the distribution of any New Levels, all creators or owners of any trademark, copyright, or other right, title or interest therein: (a) grant to LucasArts an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable right to distribute or exploit the New Level by any means or media (whether now known or hereafter invented), and to create and distribute by any means or media (whether now known or hereafter invented) derivative works thereof, and to charge for the distribution of such New Level or such derivative work, with no obligation to account to any creators or owners of the New Level in any manner, and (b) waive and covenant not to assert in any forum any and all moral rights (including, without limitation, rights of paternity, attribution, integrity, and participation), and authorize LucasArts to publish and exploit the New Levels (including any portions and derivatives thereof) in its sole discretion without attributing any of the foregoing to me or identifying me in connection therewith.

(8)  LucasArts may revoke your right or permission to use, distribute or make New Levels at any time and in its sole discretion.

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS, and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.  STAR WARS Republic Commando is a trademark of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. and/or its affiliates.  (c) 2005 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd.  All rights reserved.
    [/list]
    So, folks need to put that disclaimer into the thingy and follow these rules
    youre welcome :D

DooFi was here xD
    "Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
          Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
          Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Anonymous

so was i :D

:D my bad, it's me :D

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

DooFi was here xD

Really...

lol wow, just ignore them lol.
    In-game name: Genesis

DooFi

Quote from: "Mr. Smith"DooFi was here xD

Really...
    Well, If you edit a Thread and make it sticky, you must tell, it was you, to enable the original poster to swear at you via PM ;)