problem with stairs tutorial

Started by speedycheese, June 03, 2010, 11:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedycheese

it was probobly because i just didnt press somthing i was sopossed to :oops:
But when in the stairs mapping tutorial it said to make two more stairs. then to mirror over the x axis. when i left click on stairs to make another. it doesnt.
when i right click then build it doesnt either. i cant even duplicate it. so i have
been unable to complete that tutorial.  :cry:  i was also trying to find the tutorial that tells you how to add 3d objects from the game.
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

Danny

For the stairs, try selecting them in the non-3d viewing panel. Then Copy them (ctrl+c) and pate them (ctrl+v). You can then move them to where you want. To roate select the stairs and hold down control and right click. Then move the mouse to rotate. It helps if you select one of the colored rings in the 3d view panel to make it so you can only rotate one way. Play around with this until you get used to it.

As for the 3d objects, I belive you are referrnig to static meshes, and these can be found in the static mesh browser. It is the button on the top panel that looks like an arch, the one without the cube and light. Then go through these, selct the one you want, then go into your map, right click, and look for the option that says 'Add saticmeshname' and click it. Instead of staticmeshname it will say the name of ther satic mesh you highlited

speedycheese

[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact