Increasing Maximum Players with Perks Enabled using Refresh

Started by arramus, May 25, 2009, 11:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Well, it didn't take too long for the modders to find a workaround to setting the Maximum Player count using a repeated automatic command that doesn't require you to constantly be typing it in manually.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... stcount=65

Using a simple URL prompt and a firefox autorefresh addon a solution appears to have been found.

http://login:password@serverip:8075/ServerAdmin/current_console?SendText=set%20Engine.GameInfo%20MaxPlayers%2020

arramus

I just tested it on the sandcrawler.net [JPN] server and it does the job very efficiently.

Sandcrawler

You could also set up a CronJob, or Windows Task to run that every so many minutes, and not have to use a FireFox reload addon.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

tcrcuda5

can u give me a idea on how to setup a windows task so i can repeat the command automatically for my server. firefox works but i still have to hit reload on map change.... thx

Sandcrawler

Sure

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Sceduled Tasks

Now a browser window should have opened, double click on Add Scheduled Task and a Wizard should open. Just go threw this and pick FixFox or some Internet browser anyways, When you get to the last page it will ask if you want to open advanced, check that box and a new window will open. You'll have a run box ending with firefox.exe, after add "WEBSITE URL". Now go to the Schedual Tab and click on Advanced, Click on Repeat and tell it to Repeat every 30 minutes or so.

That should do it. You might want to decrease the time that it repeats, depending on how long the maps last, you just need to to reload when the map changes really, but there isn't an easy way to tell.

I hope this helped, I'm no expert on Windows and the Scheduled Tasks, but this shoudl get you started.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

tcrcuda5

Sandcrawler

tcrcuda5

i tried it and it worked but still after a map change it will not refresh page and i have it at every 1 minute. it says connection interuption.  any ideas??

arramus

I've been performing this task with Firefox and it's been fine.

I set the reload to 1 minute, make sure I have Enabled checked and it just keeps sending out those reloads regardless.

tcrcuda5

i guess im stupid bcz i cant find enable on firefox anything except for like java and java script which r already enabled. can u explain where that option is. thx

tcrcuda5

well i found the enable u were talkin about had to figure out u were talkin about windows tasks. when it tries to reload on map change it says connection interupt.i hit reload button and it goes back to normal. any ideas. thx

arramus

I was talking about the Firefox plug Enabled function. When I right click on a page and view the reload time options there's an 'Enable' tab that displays a check mark when selected. You need that enabled for reloads to happen.