question about doors that open with a key!

Started by Lethal_vortex, June 13, 2009, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethal_vortex

i have run into a small problem i have 1 key. and i got multiply doors that i want to open with the same key. the problem now is. wen i open one door the rest just opens aswell. is there any solution to this? thanks!

arramus

I'm not so hot on scripted events and triggering. Are all the doors linked by the same Event and Tag? Have you tried adding different Tags to all the doors, adding multiple Events to the key, and then disabling the door Tags you don't want opening after the initial Event with a MoverEvents > OpeningEvent?

Maybe you can also apply this to a separate trigger that is activated by an OpeningEvent when the specific door opens for a faster action.

Lethal_vortex

the problem is the event of the key if i change it the key wont work. on all doors.  is there a way to change 1key to 2events?  if not i find another way to do this.

thanks!

arramus

Try this method.

It requires multiple keys, but you can place them near each door. It may be a workaround for what you're attempting.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... hp?t=33060

Lethal_vortex

ye that was the guide i was following but the problem still i may have a way around it i just make that the key open all doors dont see a other way.

Joker

I have an idea :/ place multiple keys on the same spot so that players Pick up all the keys, which would open each door seperately?

Lethal_vortex

That wont work since 1 player can only carry 1 key so thats not possible.