Open Office

Started by RC-1266, January 21, 2009, 07:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icepwn

Cool to see people still visiting this site :)

PeeWeeShooter

Quote from: "icepwn"Cool to see people still visiting this site :)
And that people still joining up!   This is soundin great but if youve got any progress post up some pics ;)

powers2005

How did you manage to make the glass shatter? the only thing i could think of was coping from one of the SP maps.
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

frazscotland

nope, i'm planning on finishing it this summer.

hows the map coming along.? cant wait to see it .regards  8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

RC-1266

I thought I would have enough tim in summer holiday, but I hadn't.
Now I still don't actually, but I really want to get it finished.
I've a new computer now, I will pick it up as soon as I get my UnrealEd working again (weird black viewport bug).

I did the shattering glass effects by converting a brush to a static mesh, and that static mesh to a prop with health and a death effect.
The only problem is that the death effect won't be displayed in multiplayer, though it's still possible to hear sounds.
If someone figures out a way to get it visible in MP, please post it, because that would be completely awesome.

So I've still lits of work to do, but at least I take time I don't have for it now ;)

frazscotland

perhaps you could make 2 versions in an installer like crater ? 1 asa singlplayer mission like search for sev with bots in and 2 a more basic for multiplayer. but the clikinstaller can hav multiple extract files to diffrnt points from anyways. maps,textures ,sytem files  . best regards with it nyways fraz  looks amazin 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

RC-1266

Yeah I was thinking about doing that as well, but the power of the map is all the moveable props and destroyable glass... So I cancelled working on it until I find a more proper solution.

frazscotland

yes but even if you hav updated system files like karma or movers or whatever u kan include that with the clikinstaller to extract. so its not that big a prob it jus means that everyone wil have to update a few files withit. cos this looks to good a proj to get stumped.  :cry:  u kan even do a clikinstaller with original values included inside a clikinstaller to extract to game data folder so ppl can revert to original settings with any mod u make. iv done it for someone elses mod. lol i modded a mod. :oops:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND