How to make AI only see Player as Enemy

Started by Hybrid_Soldier196, October 22, 2006, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darktrooper

Thanks for the PM Hybrid. I'm gonna start on this today. I've got more projects going than I can handle right now, but I've been wanting to get this type of stuff off the ground for a long time. Have to see what happens.

Hybrid_Soldier196

No problem Darktrooper.

I had this crazy idea that maybe someone can convert most of the singleplayer into multiplayer coop maps. Do you think this is possible? I mean couldnt we use my tut and change all the enemies to obey that? Is it legal? What does everyone think?

Darktrooper

LOL! We did it in F.E.A.R. and I'm trying it now as we speak. I'll post some screenshots if it works. What would need to be done is that you add more player start points, remove the deltas, change all the pawns to fit the format you mentioned, and save the game as a DM; say DM_Geo_01b. Theoretically it should work. Like I said, I'll post some screenshots of what I'm trying now.

Darktrooper

Arramus and I tried to use Geo_01C. I was able to start the game, but he wasnt able to join via LAN. We didnt try normal Internet. You have to change the Level properties for SP to MP and I noticed that the bacta dispensers, squad hot keys, and the like dont work. So it may have to be alot of rebuilding of SP maps, adding MP things like bacta tanks, weapons, and such. I'd advise just building custom maps for COOP versions. I'll open a new topic area for this specific game set. Maybe Arramus and I can talk to a few of our FEA COOP mappers, see if we cant get some coding done for it as well. :wink:

Delta_96[DeltaSquad]

youd need to fin out how to make the turrets work in Multi, romove bacta single and add bacta pcaks from multi, weaken the enemys since they will tear you apart, and put in more spawn points possibly change the weapons

Hybrid_Soldier196

What we could with this is MAJOR battles on a grand scale of....of...TONS of troops!
Possibilties are endless...... :wink:

Dagger

This is truly a breakthrough in cutting a little into RC's cryptic and often primitive AI. I will definitely have to keep up on this - keep up the good work, folks!
Dagger - "The Professional"

Freelance Rifle Artist

"I bow to no one, and give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett

Squad_Sammaron

QuoteYou have to change the Level properties for SP to MP and I noticed that the bacta dispensers, squad hot keys, and the like dont work. So it may have to be alot of rebuilding of SP maps, adding MP things like bacta tanks, weapons, and such.
first off, you're right. tons of rebuilding. probly too much. if you open the map from a SP map, you can use squad controls and stuff but when opend from mp you can't. no idea how this works :D about the bacta dispensers, i think it should'nt be to hard to make an MP one. also, changing pwns wouldn't be a prob.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Hybrid_Soldier196

Can one of the admins please change the title of this topic to

How to make AI only see "Player" as "Enemy"

its really getting on my nerves that i typed it wrong in the first place. :lol:

Hybrid_Soldier196

please?

arramus

A little late but I don't think you made a spelling mistake as adding " to the end is converting into its text coding. I removed the " marks.

Nice find on the AI and I'm going to have some good fun experimenting from hereon.

CLONECOMMANDER501

Hmm, is it possible to make certain AI see the player as an ally? I am making a Muunilist map and I want clones to help destroy the never ending army of droids.

ubernoob

The idea of allying AI with human players in MP seems awesome! Still, we'd also need to ally enemy AI, so i.e. human players & clones shoot trandos & droids, while trandos & droids shoot both human players & clones.
{VIMI} Division Commander

We are a noob clan. We don\'t care.

metadude1234

this helped heaps for my new map that's in the making