Sandcrawler Map Pack Good to Go

Started by arramus, April 22, 2007, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

The Sandcrawler Mod Version 1 is good to go and for the time being can be downloaded from here.
http://files.filefront.com/Sandcrawler_ ... einfo.html

The features of this mod include:

57 Custom MP Map Files
Custom Character Models/Textures
Weapon Tweaks
SP Map and AI Accuracy Tweaks

This mod runs changed stock files from a unique folder and will not clash with retail files. As such, you will have a Mod Desktop Shortcut to enable quick loading of Sandcrawler Mod Version 1.

============================================================

Rather than go through the timely process of looking at everyone's maps/map packs individually can you post your suitable maps please?

We'd like to get a number of community maps added but are specifically looking for maps that have game play in mind for a regular 16 man server. Maps should be technically strong without bsp tears or undue misalignment.

I need to get permission and hear what's good to go directly from the modder who made them.

So far I've added these maps to the map pack:

CTF_catwalks (Sandcrawler)
CTF_catwalksXS (Sandcrawler)
CTF_chapelofpain (Sandcrawler)
CTF_chapelofpainlight (Sandcrawler)
CTF_impasseisles (Sandcrawler)
CTF_sniperwars (Sandcrawler)
DM_007temple (Sandcrawler)
DM_1on1 (Pumu)
DM_2v2arena (Sandcrawler)
DM_3v3arena (Sandcrawler)
DM_4v4arena (Sandcrawler)
DM_ArenaA51 (Sandcrawler)
DM_Asteroid (arramus)
DM_BloodBaseXS (Trash)
DM_Boarding (arramus)
DM_chapelofpain (Sandcrawler)
DM_chapelofpainlight (Sandcrawler)
DM_ContainerXS (arramus)
DM_Domination (arramus)
DM_Deck17 XS (Deth Metal)
DM_Dunes (arramus)
DM_EXPArenaXS (explode)
DM_EXPGoliathXS (explode)
DM_FacingWorldXS (explode)
DM_ForestCorridorXS (Spuzz)
DM_Foundation (arramus)
DM_FunRun (arramus)
DM_GarrisonLite (arramus)
DM_GlassHouseXS (Hybrid_Soldier196)
DM_GludoXS (arramus)
DM_Grate (arramus)
DM_Greenaa (arramus)
DM_Gulch (arramus)
DM_HallwayXS (Hybrid_Soldier196)
DM_HangarXS (arramus)
DM_HiddenBase (Sandcrawler)
DM_HothKing (arramus)
DM_Infiltrated (arramus)
DM_Kamino (arramus)
DM_LockdownLite (arramus)
DM_LudoXS (arramus)
DM_MosEisley (arramus)
DM_Outpost31Core (Darktrooper)
DM_Quad (arramus)
DM_Royale (arramus)
DM_Shafted (arramus)
DM_sniperwars (Sandcrawler)
DM_TimberlandXS (arramus)
DM_TrandoCavernXS (Hybrid_Soldier196)
DM_trilonged (Sandcrawler)
DM_Trite (Sandcrawler)
DM_Tube (arramus)
DM_Valley (Sandcrawler)
DM_Windslasher_Cargo (Sandcrawler)
DM_Wizard (arramus)
DM_WizardShot (arramus)
DM_Woodlock (arramus)
DM_Wook (arramus)

58 Maps
185 MB Maps
40.7 MB Textures

If you have some maps in mind but feel they don't quite cut it technically or for game play then get working on them. This won't be the only map pack for the Sandcrawler Mod and we can update at regular periods.

flame

I love to have my DM_Engine_fxv2 inckuded, its in mydownload section  :D

{MotR}Weapon

What about TM Sniper Kitten's maps?

Backwash, Islet, Plateform21 (or whatever it's called), and Lockout should all be in the downloads section, along with his version of Wizard.

{MotR}Weapon

Also Sandy's Arena A51 map is nice, as well as a map called Sewerwars (forgot who made it, but it's one of my favorites) also some good maps are Daggers maps like DM/CTF SithTomb, DM/CTF Kamino, DM/CTF SnowSiege, and DM/CTF Broken Bow. :D

In the downloads section you can find MotR Damien's maps : Factory, Dark Depths, and Trench Warfare. They're pretty good maps.

Also Sh4rp's GardenLite Map is pretty good. Arramus, I can't seem to find his CoreShip map in the downloads section, it's a really good map too.

Duaryn15's Day Garden map is pretty nice too in regards to keeping that familiar feel to things. Same with Agoneth's Wetdown map, but his WetDownV2 map is a whole lot better. His xfire is something like emdlfuryoflion or something like that. If you can contact him and ask him about WetdownV2 he'll pass it on and you'll have another awesome map in your collection. :)

Actually you could just contact me on xfire (ultima0weapon or andrew0weapon, though I will be using only the latter one for a month or two) and I can just transfer map files to you.... <.<

Spuz's Forest Corridor I *think* could work for a 16 man server, the map itself is pretty good.

Has anyone looked at Sulified's maps yet? >.>

Hybrid_Soldier196

any specific reason why you excluded my maps?

arramus

I haven't excluded any maps from any mapper and decided to repost the request with more specifics in mind. Lots of mappers agree their maps can be used but I don't really have the time to go through each and every map uploaded for every user to see what's suitable or not.

As a matter of courtesy, I'd like to hear directly from the modder who made the maps as to exactly what's suitable.

arramus

Quote from: "flame"I love to have my DM_Engine_fxv2 inckuded, its in mydownload section  :D

Thanks. I downloaded it. I'm getting some render blackouts at the doors leading into the new area. Can you take a look at that please?

explode

I would like to see my Facing Worlds map
http://files.filefront.com/DM_FacingWor ... einfo.html

And maybe some from the EXP map packs:
Pack 1
http://files.filefront.com/_EXP__MP_map ... einfo.html

Pack 2
http://files.filefront.com/_EXP__map_pa ... einfo.html

Anyway, choose some of those to put in :D

arramus

I'll get a copy of  Facing Worlds.

Do you have a list of what's in each map pack and pikkies relating to them? Or are there any maps you know are specifically suited to game play?

Shockjaw

Quote from: "{MotR}Weapon"Also Sandy's Arena A51 map is nice, as well as a map called Sewerwars (forgot who made it, but it's one of my favorites) also some good maps are Daggers maps like DM/CTF SithTomb, DM/CTF Kamino, DM/CTF SnowSiege, and DM/CTF Broken Bow. :D

In the downloads section you can find MotR Damien's maps : Factory, Dark Depths, and Trench Warfare. They're pretty good maps.

Also Sh4rp's GardenLite Map is pretty good. Arramus, I can't seem to find his CoreShip map in the downloads section, it's a really good map too.

Duaryn15's Day Garden map is pretty nice too in regards to keeping that familiar feel to things. Same with Agoneth's Wetdown map, but his WetDownV2 map is a whole lot better. His xfire is something like emdlfuryoflion or something like that. If you can contact him and ask him about WetdownV2 he'll pass it on and you'll have another awesome map in your collection. :)

Actually you could just contact me on xfire (ultima0weapon or andrew0weapon, though I will be using only the latter one for a month or two) and I can just transfer map files to you.... <.<

Spuz's Forest Corridor I *think* could work for a 16 man server, the map itself is pretty good.

Has anyone looked at Sulified's maps yet? >.>
well wetdown causes me to lag even when I am hosting it (with no other players)

Dark Lord

my missilebase has been proven to be a fave among many people so that could probobly work
people like DTS HQ, but i honestly think its bad if you want to fight, best for goofing off stuff
space station might be good for 16 players, the map is mainly just one big circle, not many side passages like some of my other stuff

theres also malachor and kamino arena which were designed for fighting, malachor is always fun for those who like stalking people :) and dreadnought makes a good fighting map for 16 players and eldar tomb is mostly untested but it would probobly be good since its a medium sized map
of course, i would tell you to use them all, but most people think my maps are too big (they dont know the fun of stealth, do they :P)
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Shockjaw

Quote from: "Dark Lord"my missilebase has been proven to be a fave among many people so that could probobly work
people like DTS HQ, but i honestly think its bad if you want to fight, best for goofing off stuff
space station might be good for 16 players, the map is mainly just one big circle, not many side passages like some of my other stuff

theres also malachor and kamino arena which were designed for fighting, malachor is always fun for those who like stalking people :) and dreadnought makes a good fighting map for 16 players and eldar tomb is mostly untested but it would probobly be good since its a medium sized map
of course, i would tell you to use them all, but most people think my maps are too big (they dont know the fun of stealth, do they :P)
can you show me malachor since I want to download it

Dark Lord

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

{MotR}Weapon

Ahhh Malachor is that scary as shit map with all those pits. Good luck trying to CTF, you had an opening but LOOK OUT! there's a pit in front of the flag! :P :)

I doubt Wetdown v2 would lag you. It's been expanded a little BUT all those excessive SMs and droids and parts lying around are gone I believe.

arramus

I've been testing out antiportal zoning in areas where you can't add a zone portal brush but still need to break the map into renderable chunks. It's a good method and may be just what heavy SM type maps need. I'll take a looky.