Windows 95 Hover

Started by RC-1266, June 04, 2008, 07:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

This is my remake of the sort of ctf-game Hover from Windows 95.
Left is RC, right is Hover (in case you didn't notice)
I'm working onthe missing meshes, i hope its finished soon.

RC-1266

The Hover! map is now finished. It's based on the Windows95 game Hover! that can be downloaded here:
http://www.duke.edu/~mfc5/HOVER/zips/HOVER.zip
The map features some extras like deadzones and speed boosters, but you will also be able to fly a bit.
Screenz here:

RC-1266

Sandcrawler

This looks nice, I'll post the download link as soon as I get the installer. =)

I dunno if this would be worth it to you, but I have a bunch of links for skyboxes that I've been meaning to post, you might find one that matches that closer to whats in hover then the one there in RC. Only other thing I would concider is a roof, or the castle like edge around the building. But if your goal was to make it look like Hover then you pulled that off really good.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

RC-1266

Thank you.
though there are some differences; the real hovermap is relatively bigger and a bit flatter.
also notice that the ceiling is in fact quite low; it's as high as the top of your head if you fly around. so remember that if you throw a grenade ;D.

ow and about those skybox links, maybe it's an idea to place them at the links section, like with the texture links

Sandcrawler

O woop thast what I did, I posted them in the texturing subforum, its the sticky in there.

Edit:
Here is the download link: Click Me to Hover!

I merged yout MIP topic with this one, would have just moved it had you said it was done =)
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)