Cel_shade

Started by Squad_Sammaron, February 07, 2007, 02:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

i've been workin wid XSI and i'm workin on some cel-shaded hack and slashers. :D but i'm havin trouble exportin anims (i.e. i dont know how) any help would be appreciated, but i won't recognize you :D jk :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Squad_Sammaron

hey, also, how can i export SM's with the cel shade? i make em in XSI but how do i get the tex's through to UE?

DooFi

You cant make Cell shaded objects with XSI and use them in RC. You'll have to use a trick like duplicating the object, move all faces along their own normals, invert the mesh and color it plain black.

Squad_Sammaron

O.o right...first off, why duplicate? what are normals? why faces? why invert mesh? how? that about covers it :D

DooFi

its like fake cell shading, 1 sec, I'm gonna throw something together for ya^^

it'll hardly look any good with many intersecting objects or too round objects imho. But it's worth a try. Be aware you double your polycount by using this "technique"

Squad_Sammaron

yea, but that would completely screw anims. i can't cel-shade anims, so drop taht idea. it was dumb idea from the begging Doofi! ;D jk

DooFi

I believe War$ow uses this fake cell-shading as well. I dunno whether they use it for animated characters though.

I don't think theres a different solution anyway. XIII uses Cell Shading with the UEngine, but you'd probably have to hardcode it into the engine..

Squad_Sammaron

all right. i think i'm gunna work a bit wid TribesEd