UnrealEd Help Please!

Started by Delrahn, March 26, 2010, 10:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

HI, I'm new to UnrealEd, and I have a question. When I do the terrain editor, it won't work. I follow Arramus' instructions (exept I make a bigger playing arena), and it won't work. All help is apprreciated. Thanks.

Sandcrawler

Have you tried following DooFi's terrain tutorial? he hits on some points in setting up that arramus doesn't, and visa versa.

Also, this was posted int eh wrong forum, I moved it for you.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Delrahn

I know this is stupid of me to ask, so call me what you will, but where can I find DooFi's post? :oops:

Neviklink

if you have not mastered the basic do not attempt terrain its confusing as hell and i'm somewhat good at unreal ed for rc

arramus

Here's the tut linky for when you're ready.
rcmod.php?page=tutorial-14

The other fundamental tutorials are also in this area as well.

Neviklink

you also can only use one enviornment per map

EDIT at least i think so right Arramus?

Delrahn

I figured it out, it works now. But the terrain is in a squarish box like form, not round, and hill like. how do I change that?

frazscotland

terrain editing seems to be 1 of the hardest parts of map editing as is proven thet thers not many terrain maps but arramus and sandcrawler have done . outpost31 i think is a heavy terrain map you could look at :geek:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Neviklink

umm do you mean the whole thing is a square cause its supposed to be
and to get it hilly youll need to practice