Animation help please

Started by Delrahn, November 21, 2010, 08:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

This has probably been asked before, and is probably obvious,
but how do I change a pawn's animation set? I want my squad to be helmetless, but when I command them to do a breach or set a demo charge, they just stand at the spot to do their action, but do nothing. How do I fix this?

Also, off topic statement, I'm pretty sure that Carth and Bastila from KotOR, were put inti Dragon Age: Origins, as Alistair(Carth) and Morrigan(Bastila).

Tycon

First off, the propblem with your troopers isn't animations troopers and commandos have the same anim package. Try chaecking their actor properties is both Canbequadmember and canpreformsquadmarker set to true? and to answer your question: no you can't make a wookiee do trandoshan anims because they have different skeletons.

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

{CCP}VI

Quote from: Tycon on November 23, 2010, 09:58:38 AMand to answer your question: no you can't make a wookiee do trandoshan anims because they have different skeletons.
well, actually it works. they have indeed different skeletons but the names of the bones are the same. that means you can linkup the mesh of the trandoshans with wookieanimations. the trandoshans would be very thin because the wookie skeleton is bigger, so the trandos would stretch. trandos would not look natural but it works.

when some animations dont work, go to the default properties of the gamemode(actorbrowser:info>gameinfo>CTgameinfo>CTgameinfoSp) and in the default properties you will see the category "customanims". rest is quite selfexplaining. fill the right mesh and animation in. fraz told me how that works. you could also use trandomesh and wookieanimations there.
Xfire- viscatus

Tycon

Oh didn't think it would do that

frazscotland

hehe yes 1 time i make r2d2 and r5d5 as squad members soo funny rapel down rope etc.
and also battledroids as squad members.
ive tried tinkering with adding animation sets for mp but had trouble and taken time out from it.
sumthing to do with the staticmesh markers bloks u from doing sp actions in mp (turrets etc ) .
maybe u can copy the static mesh markers for sp  and rename them and make further properties edits. ive not tried it yet. CCP VI if he have time could wurk it out i bet. but it also may be simpler doin script moding PFWSKIP may Know how do this in mp.   it would be kool to be able to place doorcharge etc in mp or doorhak 8) :)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

You could set it up with triggers like walk up to the breach press F wait 3 secs then it happens

frazscotland

Sorry to be so late with this but for SP you can have Multiple different meshes in the same squad..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ShyLZw3PA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHnXaEYxRo
IN actroclassbrowser untik the placeable clases box then goto PAWN CTPAWN REPUBLIC  CLONECOMMANDO there youll see listed the commandos from delta squad.
Pik 1 DEFAULT PROPERTIES then in PAWN MESH SETS there enter your new skeletal mesh and keep the commando sp set animation link .
For each commando u want to change to whatever mesh thats where you change it, next goto...
INFO ,GAME INFO, CTGAMEINFO, then CTGAMEINFOSP ...DEFAULT PROPERTIES then in
CustomAnims, CUSTOM MESH SETS there all you do is add entries into the list making sure you have whatever mesh u want to use and an accompanying animation set link for it so say you want to add in cloneadult there you add entires 6 - 11 inclusive and have skeletalmesh SkeletalMesh'Clone.CloneAdult' and the accompanying animation sets
MeshAnimation'Clone.mDemolitionSet'
MeshAnimation'Clone.mDoorBreachSet'
MeshAnimation'Clone.mHackUnlockConSet'
MeshAnimation'Clone.mHackUnlockDoorSet'
MeshAnimation'Clone.mProximityMineSet'
MeshAnimation'Clone.mTrapSet'
it doesnt matter what order the mesh to animations are ..
U need to have as i said previous in the commando u change in pawn meshsets changed to SkeletalMesh'Clone.CloneAdult'    and MeshAnimation'Clone.CloneCommandoSPSet'

You can have r2d2 linked to commando sp set and the various animations related to sp  if you want and it works haha ! 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND