Modding Weapons

Started by Delrahn, April 22, 2010, 11:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

How exactley do I change the damage, rate-of-fire, color of shots, projectile speed, etc., and make a weapon have iron sights?

frazscotland

IRONSIGHTS isnt hard to do man. i usually in mi mods have done it for all the weps. so they can be used on any modmap.
what to do ?
goto actroclassbrowser . untik the placeableclasses box, goto inventory WEAPON and there listed is all the weps. the MP weps have MP after them.
BOWCASTER MP Default properties..
goto WEAPON scroll down to NumZoomFOVS  there is the amount of zooms .its listed as 2 i increase it to 3.
Then scroll down to ZOOMFOVS  its 0-85 the standard view , 1-45 and i made 2 -20
its listed there as 85 .
its the same for all the other weps 0-85 and i make them all 1-65 cos much more than that it looks silly.
TO CHANGE DAMAGES its AMMO at the top you go into each ammo for the relevant wep and goto Ammunition and theres a Damage cell there you can alter the wep damage..  8-)
ROF isin each  wep in AI the cell is called BURST COUNT

hope that helps
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Delrahn

When I create a weapon and then play my map, my weapon doesn't show up. And it doesn't say that it was set to NULL either, it just won't show up. How do I fix this?

frazscotland

i dunno dude . see when you say "my weapon " you need to expalin yourself further. what is your wepaon ? isit a modded existing inventory weapon or a brand nu wep youve created and mod mp pikups placed/ /?  explain fully the process you created your weapon and what itis ! if someone fones u and say " my car wont wurk why is that ? " its not descriptive enough for someone to help by giving a diagnosis. its not a game of guess who forum repartee. be specific about your creation process and its alot easier for someone to diagnose the problem then and truly help you. sum ppl wil just look at this post n say phhhhh. ill help you if i can personally with my limited knowledge as best i can.. 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Delrahn

Lol. I right-clicke DC17m and clicked new and named it XX-77CBR and it says its set to null when i reload unrealed and it dissapears when i play rc

Neviklink

changing and making weapons is difficult ask CCP VI and for changing colors and stuff your going to have to edit textures

frazscotland

wel delrahn in the normal mp maps you have the standard mp pikup weps. because theyve already been placed there. what you have to do is either mod the EXISTING wep properties. or create nu weps and have the nu wep as your primary or secondary MP wep. or make nu moded mppikups properties and place your new weps on a map,but then ppl wil also have to have your moded props to see those weps because theyre not standard in the game engine... :roll:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND