"Plasma" Grenade

Started by Dark Lord, December 23, 2007, 06:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lord

something i was experimenting with today...im going to use it as a replacement to sonic detonators in my mod
if anyone wants to know how to do it just ask...

left to right: pretty sure 1st one is very beginning, 2nd one is very shortly after beginning, 3rd is the end, and 4th is the intermediate stage
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Sh4rpSh00t3r

sweet stuff man, pm me the properties i'd like to try this with some other ammunition.

Also a suggestion, make it the thermal det mesh but take the thermal texture and make it blue. Would look much better.

Dark Lord

i changed the effect to where there is no more distortion, so it looks much more like plasma now and i made it where the blue begins to fade to red towards the end as though the plasma is cooling...im going to try to edit the static mesh for the sonic grenade itself to be a thermal det, and skin it to be silver and blue, and ill also try to make it act like the thermal det (no "mine" function etc. like the sonic grenade) and if i can do that ill make it more powerful than the thermal

dont want to make the thermal blue tho because thermal has smoke stuff which wont look good with a plasma explosion, but i may look into it...perhaps i can edit smoke color and then ill take ur suggestion

ill get u prop when i have it all worked out, unless u would just like to see now anyway

Dark Lord

k i got that to work, "sonic" grenades now act like thermals when u throw them
also, they now say plasma grenades when u pick them up, and have different pickup mesh and diff mesh when u throw them (and what i failed to mention earlier is they have new sound that is pretty cool)
they are weaker than thermals on the impact but their immolation is more deadly so if u get caught in that ur pretty much screwed :)
and now: the life of a plasma grenade:

icepwn

add smokegrenade like in css :D it would be cool if it would work good for sniper and stuff but that is way better than i expected good job! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D