Sandcrawlers map team

Started by Sandcrawler, September 08, 2006, 03:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

First off the people who are in the team other then me:
Sulfried Shrike
Explode

I would like to see about getting DT's or DooFi's help, because I think we will need some custom meshes made, if We do it how I would like too hehe.

Release day Goal: X-Mas (I think this would eba  nice realease date for the map, and should eb plenty of time to do it. alot of the map will be repeated SMs.)

Here is my idea for a map, and I will post up some floorplan pics a bit later:

A Urban City map, I was thinking we make four pretty big buildings, hotels, offices ect. I dunno what Buildings we want to do yet, but we do four buildings with Insides, and then a 2048 sized park in the middle. and maybe a parkign gradge off to the side, or just make it for looks. Four buildings and a park would be very city like, so we will need to build some SM of some buildings, I'm thinking apartment buildings, and maybe make a housing complex off in the distance. What are your guys thoughts.

What are you guys Email, lets get us a list going so we can email the stuff to each other...unless it gets to a pioint were it is to big, then I will figure somethign else out.

Emails:
Sandcrawler - mailto:DS.sandcrawler@gmail.com">DS.sandcrawler@gmail.com
Shrike -
Explode -  

Thats about it for now, I will post up some type of floor plan in a bit.
~Sandcrawler
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

well maybe i can make some small SMs for you, but no clue how to light them... my have pretty bad experience with round meshes (once made a snowman.. you cant imagine how much it sux0red lol)

Sandcrawler

The blakc boxes represent buildings that we would build the inside for, the blue is the park. and the red is a road, we would also want a sidewalk on each side of the road hehe

I know the pic isn't worth a crap lol, but I'm hoping you can get an Idea from them. I'm hoping we can get the plan all figured out by the end of the month and then have all of oct. and till X-mas on December to finish it.

For the buildings heres what I was thinking. I'm just going to list off some Ideas I have.
Hotel
Post Office
Hospital
Best Buy

lol What are your guys Ideas, we need at least 3 floors to each building, a Floor will be 512 High and whatever Legth and Width.

For the Park I Think we should do a Bared fence around it, and tall bushes around the edges, and have it as a terrain zone, with a stream running threw the middle of it. with 2 bridges going across.
I'm going to start doing the main brush work, what You see on that Floorplan so you guys can get a bit more of an Idea of what it will look like.

Also we want to import everything Textures Meshs Ect into a new package named city map or something.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)