unreal ed goes to a blank screen please help!!

Started by delta62, August 04, 2010, 10:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta62

whenever I open my unreal ed it goes to a blank white screen! I cant edit maps or anything it just goes to a blank screen! Ive already un-installed and re-installed multiple times! Please help!!

Darktrooper

Quotethat is obviously the oldest UED bug of all times. Did you search the forums for white viewports or the like? If so, we'll put together a small FAQ^^

Regarding your problem:
Nobody knows (at least nobody I know knows lol) why it happens, but sometimes UED just deletes all the viewports.. Its not fatal, but sometimes nerved lol. To make the viewports appear again, click on "View -> Viewports -> Configure..." and select a new viewport-layout. You will notice you can even customize the layout a bit, if you're not happy with the standard one lol. Also "View -> Viewports -> Fixed / Floating" is a nice feature

EDIT: yeah, that happens when you click the "post reply" button and then go downstairs for half an hour :roll:.. Anyways, the "Hard Way" is pretty much superfluous for this problem 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 08:00:00 PM by DooFi »

Been around for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Just use the search at the top of the forums and almost all things shall become clear.

mike6mike

Quote from: delta62 on August 04, 2010, 10:12:36 AM
whenever I open my unreal ed it goes to a blank white screen! I cant edit maps or anything it just goes to a blank screen! Ive already un-installed and re-installed multiple times! Please help!!

Ok, First go to unreal, second go to view, third go to viewports, forth go to configure, fifth a box should open just click ok then it should start working !