ADMIN (KICKS AND EVERYTHING)

Started by Squad_Sammaron, October 23, 2006, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

Stop viper...before I ban you.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

{MotR}Weapon

Anyways moving along, VSK was bought out by ArtofWarcentral, and supposedly they will be kind enought to provide kicking and banning services (has anyone looked in on this?). Has anyone experimented with that code in the initial post? I can't host so I am unable to try it out for myself...

EDIT : Plus Spark and commando Josh have been teaching people how to spawn with intent to crash servers so the sooner people have the means to deal with them permanently the better.

utengineer

Why should we be able to kick/ban?

1.  Server Crashes.....somebody logs into the server and starts to spawn weapons.  The excessive amount of weapons being placed on the map causes lag for EVERYONE on the server.  The server's processor starts to work harder than it should to maintain the extra weapon spawns and the server crashes.

Thus everyone is denied the lag-free pleasure of playing on a leased dedicated public server since these weapon spawners are intentionally crashing the server every minute or so.

2.  Teamkillers....even when the settings are friendly fire 0%, a player can teamkill by suiciding with a thermal detonator next to another player.  Teamkilling prevents the other gamers from defending their base effectively and lowers the overall team score in TDM.

Why this should be illegal and supported for all server admins?

1.  Public servers are leased.  Server leases cost money.  People that spend THEIR hard-earned money are usually fun-loving gamers that want to provide a public arena for good, quality gaming.  Should someone spend their money on a service that provides benefits to the public just to have the server crash and lag-out every minute or so.....I think not.

2.  Rights.....what gives another person the right to crash a public game server.  Anyone with half a brain can figure out the weapon spawn code.  These spawners are violating the rights of the public to congregate and play peacefully.

In the end, Lucas Arts should have allowed access to the dedicated server admin functions available in the unreal gaming engine.  Plus, nobody to date, has made a successfull mod to provide some sort of protection in this matter.

Squad_Sammaron

Lol :D first off, i've tried the spawn code on my own server (i can't host) for like 1 hr, and didn't get close. Second off, UTEgnineman, you seem to know your way around. How bout giving the code  ashot. I can use default properties but that's as far as i can possibly go. I tried learnin, and bombed it. Third off, no one can here can even find the reason things in SP don't work in MP. Peeps here map/simple weapon mod. Replications, GUID, Functions are all basically new here, including to me. Last off, I'm against PERMANENT BANNING! i'm fine with banning for like a day or w/e, but permanately bannings goin a lil far. And (sue me) but noobin's fun sometime. Don't noob on those uptight i paid 2k for this server crap, go for the lil ones, noobs...'s funner neway :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

{MotR}Weapon

No no you misunderstand. We look at AAing as a new challenge to beat. In MotR, a good way to earn your tags is to avoid and defeat the ones carrying AA. It's fricking tough, especially if the guy knows how to use it without killing himself. All they have to do is wait and actually aim their shots and you're as good as screwed, but if you can beat the guy using AA then you get a great sense of satisfaction.

We're for permanent or temp banning on the spawners, excessive spammers, and the troublemakers and such, not the people who probably don't even know better as far as using AA conc and heavies.

Squad_Sammaron

fine, but i say that only temp ban.

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

Yeah I hate when people call other people who are using AA a noob. Calling them a AA noob just means you can't beat someone who is using AA. And Permanent bans would make sense sometimes. If someone IS spawning, or doing other things like abusing other players. and disrespecting people and running his mouth meaninglessly, than I think it's right to ban them permanently.

And besides, "ban" means permanent. "Suspension" is temporary.
In-game name: Genesis

Shockjaw

well wich codes do yo use to ban or kick them (and people who are clients can they kick or ban) and which codes out of the selection can you use

Squad_Sammaron

none of the code i posted works, as far as i could find

Shockjaw

well where did you get them

Judge

what is the code for kick

RC-1266

well in my opinion you should only be able to kick others when you are the host of the map, and in that case it would be pretty nice to kick unwanted individuals.
for example; i always call my server something like "NO NOOBING" but i always have some of those guys screwing up my game. id certainly like that cheat so i could kick them

Judge

yea so you don't know the command ?