Re-skin Delta squad (Help Please!)

Started by delta62, May 31, 2010, 05:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta62

I noticed that in multiplayer you can have a "CT.CloneCommandoClean" And that is a rendered white commando. I was wondering if you guys could give me some help on how to re-skin them to a rendered white Clone Commando it would be awsome! So please tell me how to re-skin Delta squad into rendered white Clone Commandos

frazscotland

wel theres 2 way to do dat mister. 1st way if you do it proper it wont work multiplayer itl b a mod. you i think mean you want the bleached clone for mp normal and to do that you start game normal and in game open console the ' key or ~ key watever make the screen go half blak and type in      setengineplayercontroller cloneskin -1        then hit esc and your clone will be white.zzzzzzzzzz :|  :roll:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

speedycheese

i did that a while back and when i whent into the multy player customize commando menu when i switch to him to comstomize the games shuts dows.
so be carfull about that .    :shock:
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

delta62

no i want DELTA SQUAD THE CAMPAIGN COMMANDOS TO BE RENDERED WHITE!!! is there any way to do that? :?:

speedycheese

u meen like in the in the trailers when they are silver or chrome. that looks cool. would make a cool mod :mrgreen:

Prepare For Hard Contact

frazscotland

Yeh speedy what to do is open unreal editor and goto the actorclass browser then goto  PAWN CTPAWN then Republic CloneCommando and there youll see the commandos listed ..
Left clik to select a commando then right clik default properties then Display then youll see
Skins and copy and paste this line in there....
Shader'CloneTextures.CloneTextures.CloneCommandoWhite_Shader'
do that for each of the commandos and then exit and save your updated properties . and theyl all be white  8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

speedycheese

wow that was a mouth full :D  but thanx ill try that. by the way thank you answering all my posts, it realy makes life easier for. me ;)

Prepare For Hard Contact

speedycheese

hey fraz, i got as far as reskining them but, what do you meen by (exit and save your updated properties). so if u know how to do this then u are a modder to then right, :?:

Prepare For Hard Contact

Delrahn

Assuming that I understood you question correctly, yes. If you change the propetries.u, not the TEXTURES, you will have modded your game and therefore will no longer be able to play multiplayer. If you want to mod and still be able to play multiplayer, make a new folder on your desktop, and name it what ever you want. Than copy the folder named Star Wars Republic Commando, and paste it in you new folder. Rename it to whatever you would like, and then mod that one. Note: This is how you save properties.u on Windows Vista, and how I mad my CMI Mod. Hope I helped!   :P

frazscotland

Yeh speedy im a modder but i dunno if im that good atit. hehe but i do try. wel delrahn when you edit the properties for SP as far as i know it doesnt affect the MP.
In fact i noticed rc glitches before , when i modded wep props for SP then reset the properties and i started from mi same character it had saved the moded wep properties !!Yeh speedy ive made sum MP mods MEGAMODS 1 and  2 im now trying to do the brain bustin mods. ive made sum of the mods to be part of mi next release MEAG MODS 3 so far ive got..
SUPERNOOB MOD , SUPERNOOB 2 MOD , SUPERNOOB 3 MOD ,DROIDEKA VS DROIDEKA MOD
SEEKERDROID VS SCAVDROID MOD , R2D2 VS R5D5 MOD , DSD VS DSD MOD , TRANDO PRO-MOD and im workin on sum others ,, SPIDERDROID VS SPIDERDROID MOD, ATTE VS ATTE MOD,REPFIGHTER VS GEOFIGHTER, GEOFIGHTER VS GRIEVOUS FIGHTER, GRIEVOUS FIGHTER VS REPFIGHTER. and some others,. 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

speedycheese

hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyycraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap :shock:              (and thanx

Prepare For Hard Contact

speedycheese

now i need to reskin hud arms ( please dont take offense delrahn , im just spreeding my cry for help  around a little bit, your post on the other topic was helpfull, but bieng new to modding i am having trouble getting it to work.)  I want them to match the clone commando clean (HudArms White Shader ) but dont know how to make it the new defalt hudarms. :cry:

Prepare For Hard Contact

frazscotland

You want to reskin the boss hudarms for campaign or mp ? for SP the most totally easy way to do is to open textures and goto Hudarms textures select HudarmsWhite texture right clik EXPORT TO FILE it will save as HudArmsWhite so delete the "White" and save it as HudArms.bmp make sure u add .bmp at end . ok so then u reimport it File Import and name it HudArms replacing your existing hudarms but make sure u set the MIPS at 2 and the compression as DXT3 . then exit and save te updated texture file . thats the easiest way ..
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND