Importin

Started by Squad_Sammaron, July 20, 2006, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

i dunno how to change the file type of an item to be imported into UE can someone help me out? it says i can only save it under some special setting but theres a whole tut on it of how to do it (but i cant get it ta work).
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Sandcrawler

What is it your trying to import?
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Squad_Sammaron

a box brush. its just a lil test thingy.

DooFi

Do u want to load a custom Static Mesh from a 3D prog into UED or r u trying to export a brush from UED?!

Squad_Sammaron

import a mesh inta UE :D i tried to but the mesh was the wrong file type so really im askin, 'how do ya change the file type SO i can import?' Kapeesh?

DooFi

So which filetype is it now? -.-
You can download the Softimage:XSI Modtools on www.softimage.com. There are plugins for Source- and Unreal-Engine, so you can export *.ase files (not sure if it's ase, but still) from it AND import the most common 3D-filetypes like *.obj and *.3ds. Or u create ur own mesh in XSI from sratch or by blueprints/references. I'm not sure but i seem to recall that ONE XSI unit is equivalent to ONE UnrealED unit, so you will most likely have to scale ur stuff up. But UED can scale SMs, too. its advantage is, that u can see the result instantly, but afaik its not as precise as scaling it in XSI before importing into UED, so I would rather advise to scale it in XSI.

Squad_Sammaron

a'ight.  :D  whoops maybe i shulda toldja is was on a sample version... :D it was like the EXACT same thing as Maya, that sweet mesh-makin thing, sept it was MayaPL (personal learner i think). :D the only bad things were it was boring, that cant use for commercial use thing, said Maya in the background real big, and i culdn't get the import/export tool to work. :D