BETA- DM_Caves (name is only for now)

Started by .:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater, November 27, 2006, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

hey, my first map since I've come back. It's a cave theme, with hallways and a big room, two little secrets that I will not tell you, one you will find out right away if you play the map (please don't look in the editor, save the suspense lol). And the other one, you might find by accident until I fix it in the final version. When it's fixed you shouldn't find it unless someone tells you (which would be me). The name is DM_Caves (only for now). Once you play it please help me with some ideas for names. I was thinking of Goblin Caves or something like that. But I know you guys would have some better ideas than me.  :oops:

Here's the link to the beta- //http://files.filefront.com/DM_Cavesctm/;6256787;;/fileinfo.html
In-game name: Genesis

DooFi

same question as always:
screens? :mrgreen:

Hybrid_Soldier196

i second that...and if you want ideas check out my map Trando Cavern. but DONT COPY just get inspired. :D

I was already inspired by your map hybrid, that's what lead me to making this. And i didn't want to go through all the trouble of screens so I posted a link to the BETA, just try it. I've fixed most of the things I needed to fix, including the secret door, and the lighting. The only thing I need to fix and I need help on is the floor. The rocks kind of "trip' you. So I need a way to make that not happen, I thought about blocking volumes, but that's too hard. Then I've been thinking of totallu taking out the floor rocks and just puttin some fog... I'm not sure, ideas would be helpful  :wink:

Hybrid_Soldier196

wow inspired by me.......  :wink:

ok now with the floor...How much of the rock is above ground? In my experiance lowering them so only a little bit is out, helps. And for me thats the only way. I personaly wouldnt add the fog, but if you do dont over do it. And with the immence amout of downloads for Trando Cavern, my COOP level that im making is a continuation of it, tentativly titled DM_COOP_tcadvanced. Ill post some more info in the COOP section. Cave maps are sweet! :D

Yeah they are. Only parts of the rocks are above ground. but I'll try what you said. Thanks.