KF-Brewery (Beta11)

Started by arramus, June 11, 2009, 10:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

This map has gone beta and can be downloaded here.
kfmod.php?page=downloads&command=view&id=45

Haha with the bottle idea Joker. That's a really cool idea. The Hive map had those plant pot health meshes and they were a great idea as well.

arramus

Added Beta Version 2 with a couple of important fixes.

-----------------
Fixes in this build
-----------------

Raised weapon actors to address some that were not spawning.

Removed one Karma actor prop as it affected Bot movement.

Joker

Yeah im enjoying and im asking otherp eople and they same the same very enjoyable map ; D

arramus

Good. The fun factor is as important as everything else if not more so.

Just testing out a few image ideas.

arramus

KF-BreweryBeta3 has been added for download. Here are a few screenies showing the changes.

Rooftop Zombie Spawners.

Science Lab Windows.

Reception Zombie Leapers in action.

arramus

Adding some Ambient Sounds and other Effects Actors. Oh, and one more pikkie.

A Projector doing what it does best...projecting on a projector screen. Health and Safety in the workplace.

arramus

Added KF-BreweryBeta4 for download. Updates include:

Additionional custom textures.

Projection textures.

Additional cosmetic props.

Ambient sounds.

Joker

very nice lol, I might check it out with a freind xD but i belive hes at a piano contest or something so :/ but yeah xD NICE PROJECTOR MAN.

arramus

Updated to Beta5 with the following:

Added additional cosmetic props.

Added ambient sounds.

Additional Blocking Volumes.

Cleaned up misaligned texture.

arramus

Got some feedback about an exploit on the wooden beams in the hallways and also some heavy framerate in Version 5.

Beta 6 is uploaded with more zone optimisation and blocking volumes around all hallway edges. I think the compile for Version 5 may have bugged out.

arramus

FIXED FPS issues.

The map construction was fine. It was just that Brainy needed a full frontal lobotomy (removed his mover eyes)

It appears that movers have not been fully implemented into this version of the Unreal Engine as these movers caused HUGE online gameplay server issues with FPS dropping from 100 down to 20.

arramus

Added a few more textures and cosmetic props in the storage area as it was looking a bit bare.

A few more tweaks here and there for spit and polish.

arramus

Uploaded Beta 9

---------------------------------
Fixes and Additions in this build

Additional cosmetics.

Physics volumes.

Retexturing.

Multiple blockers for found exploits. Some of the prop's collision extent what you can actually see allowing you to jump on 'invisible' areas close to the prop. I increased the width of some blockers and moved surrounding props that give you a launch platform.

Added a different texture to reception doors as the trader texture can confuse first time users due to how conditioned we've become to it.

Added spillover props leading into the hallways from different zones. This will help break up some of the hallway repetition and give landmark cues.

arramus

Added Beta 10

Fixes and Additions in this build

Physics volumes.

Increasing the size of a blocker to compensate for collision overspill still didn't rectify the issue and I finally had to move another object.

With this the 10th Beta, we're looking pretty much there. Another week of playtesting and then we'll think about wrapping up.

arramus

Added Beta 11.

Lots of blocking volumes up to the ceiling will leave the WoP clan very little to exploit. They found A LOT so far and have really given this map a vigorous beta test.