Hi......

Started by IronJaw, September 21, 2009, 08:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronJaw

Well the title just about says it all...... Hi guys..... I just recently bought Star Wars "Best of PC" and have fallen in love with RC. Since I love Moding SWBFII I've been looking for a forum that mods RC. It seems I've found it, and I would immediately like to get started, so.......... Where do I start? :lol: The Unreal Moding tools I found already installed with the game, so I have that. I would assume that I should read the guide under the "Mapping" tab provided under the "Republic Commando Mod Site" Tab?

Judge

Hey IronJaw,
There are lot of tutorials here that explain how to make maps and share, you can find them here:
//http://sandcrawler.net/forum/rcmod.php?page=mapping

IronJaw

Currently I am moving through the modding tutorial, but I have some questions:

1) I love playing MP on games. Is there a map pack that is commonly used on servers?

2) I've hear a lot of things about clans, but I never really saw anything in them. What are the benefits/ obligations that would come with joining one?

3) How often do clan events happen? How big are they usually?

4) How big are most clans? Big enough for clan "wars"? (With a 16 player, clan wars would be hard to do......)

5) How extensive do clan matches go? Matches with eight two-man team units working together?

6) Which is the preferred game type? (Tribes Vengeance people have a knack for CTF. Halo people seem to like Death Matches [I think..... I don't play Halo] and SWBFII people seem to like a mix of both)

That's all for now, but don't worry. I'm think of more.  :D

Judge

1) There is the Sandcrawler mappack:
You also can download the TX mappack, there is a server running with these maps and it's pretty active.
//http://www.tx-gaming.net/?page_id=147

2) There are some weapons you must not use the following weapons (called 'noob weapons'):
Rocket Launcher
Concussion Rifle
Heavy Repeater
DC-17 Anti-Armor
Sonic nades
EC nades
These are considered as unfair weapons.
To join a clan, you need to post an application on their clan site (usually). You can play with the clan members and post screenshots, so they can value your teamwork, your skills and your behavior. It is often a vote system.

3) There are not events anymore, but you clan play matches sometimes that are very fun. 1on1 tournaments are sometimes organized though.

4) Biggest european clans are RedCell (RC), TeamXtreme (TX), ModernArtz (MA) and RealReplubicPlayer (RRP). Some of them have more than 100 members (TX and RC). Of course there are smaller clans and I didn't quote the US ones (ReiGn, etc.)

5) Matches are rarely above 12 players (6vs6). We usually play 3vs3 on DM_Engine, it's way the most used map for clan matches like de_dust2 for CS:S.

6) Depends. If you like playing on public servers, all the game types are played (my favorite is Deathmatch).
Scrims are CTF, because it trains a lot your teamwork, your strategy and your atk/def skills, and TDM.

If you have any question, just add my Xfire: judgmentt.

IronJaw

Thanks! I think I'll practice a little more before I dive into a clan.

BTW on a side note. X-Fire says you have to many friends, and wouldn't except my request friend application.

Judge

I deleted some people, you can try now.