KF-FilthsCross-V5 by JustFilth

Started by Madball, September 05, 2009, 08:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madball

Download here:
kfmod.php?page=downloads&command=view&id=59

==================================================================================================
Readme
Map Name: KF-FilthsCross-V5
Author: JustFilth

Playable: Yes

Description of map: Underground tube station

Story: Darkness has fallen upon us all, yet until we desend into its depths and question of survival still has no answer.

Please report any errors/bugs either here or to my email: justfilth AT live.co.uk

Custom content: textures, staticmeshes ( created by JustFilth  ) If you use any of my content dont forget to credit me is all i ask

Credits: Tripwire Interactive, CG textures

Changelist:

Disabled lifts as was shown to be an exploit 8(

Issues: Glass on trains still need tweaking.

==================================================================================================

MAPBOT'S REVIEW

In more than a few words...
Brushwork -- Generally very well constructed with minimal overlapping brushes in complex areas. No signs of holes or tears.
Performance and Stability -- Smooth gameplay throughout with consistently good framerate.
Gameplay and Fun -- Running around a post apocolyptic type underground station with a fine assortment of weapons. What more can you ask for.
Graphics, Lighting and Polish -- Custom static meshes and textures used in context and carefully placed to give a full and polished look. A mixture of fog and subtle lighting effect really bring this map to life.
Creativity  -- Lots of complex construction and well thought out placement display keen attention to detail. For example; the vehicle swamped in debris that may have suffocated the inhabitants -- the alternative underground entry through the road -- the underground car additions with automatic doors
KF Specific Features -- Bots find it easy to manouver through the warren of tunnels and open areas and have ample places to spawn both within gameplay areas and from bot only areas. Standard traders and pickups provide a known and comfortable element to game play.

In a few words...
Mapbot thinks KF-FilthsCross is a very well constructed and thought out map with lots of shiny polish and playability. Mapbot awards this map a 5 out of 5.

About Mapbot
Mapbot trawls the KF community forums for maps described as FINAL Versions. After playtesting, Mapbot uploads a selection for review. Mapbot's programming is weighted to focus on the most positive aspects of each map but will offer opinions to the contrary with suggestions as necessary.
My worst dream? I\'ll tell you about my worst dream. It all begins with a rampant zombified soldering iron...